Doin the do

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mbsqw1d

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I've just caught my corys in the act :blush:
At around the 1 minute mark, you can see her stick two eggs to the glass.
I don't think they're fertilised, I hadn't see them make the 'T' position prior to this, but I've netted the eggs anyway just in case of some miracle. @NCaquatics what u reckon? I think they're too white, shouldn't they be orange?

IMG_20200804_115928.jpg

IMG_20200804_122024.jpg

Cool that you know have eggs! :good:

I wish my corys would breed... :grr:

I love so much that you put the Barry White to the video! :rofl:The fade to black as well, this made my entire day, thank you.
I know nothing about breeding cories, @NCaquatics is the expert there! But with the way they're... um... giving each other special hugs.... I'm sure you'll be hearing the pitter patter of tiny fins soon. :wub:

eggs will turn whiter or darken after 24 hours of first being laid, so too soon to tell if fertile or not. If fertile they will darken. If not, they get whiter and less transparent.

You may not witness the T position as it can be very brief.

I'll get you my post to compare cory eggs to tell fertility for reference.

Oh, and eggs would be fertilised before being stuck to things.

keep us updated!

Though I will say you may want to move them to their own container instead if in the net. Fry are very tiny and possibly could slip through, or get tangled up in it.

Take water from the parent tank, put it in a container, add an airstone, and place the eggs in it. Once they hatch, change the water daily.

A trick a local told me that I really find useful is to take a solo cup, poke very small holes into it, have the eggs in there. Once they hatch, add a bit of java moss and Indian almond leaf. At 7 days old add sand. But keep them in the cup. Airstone outside in the larger container.

1. Drain the water from the container, the fry will be in the cup and not sucked up.

2. The smaller space of the cup allows them to reach food easier since they're very uncoordinated when tiny.

Once they are better at swimming and outgrow the cup, let them out into the container.

The container can be as simple as an old ice cream tub. Tbh I find those quite useful for the first couple of weeks for small fry.

keep us updated!

Though I will say you may want to move them to their own container instead if in the net. Fry are very tiny and possibly could slip through, or get tangled up in it.

Take water from the parent tank, put it in a container, add an airstone, and place the eggs in it. Once they hatch, change the water daily.

A trick a local told me that I really find useful is to take a solo cup, poke very small holes into it, have the eggs in there. Once they hatch, add a bit of java moss and Indian almond leaf. At 7 days old add sand. But keep them in the cup. Airstone outside in the larger container.

1. Drain the water from the container, the fry will be in the cup and not sucked up.

2. The smaller space of the cup allows them to reach food easier since they're very uncoordinated when tiny.

Once they are better at swimming and outgrow the cup, let them out into the container.

The container can be as simple as an old ice cream tub. Tbh I find those quite useful for the first couple of weeks for small fry.
Ok, can I float the solo cup with tiny holes within the main tank? I can keep it in place by clipping it to the edge of the tank.. the holes in the cup would be around the top half, just enough to allow for water exchange?

Most reactions

trending

Back