Dogfaced Puffer & Porky Puffer - How Big For The Tank?

Emsybabe

Reaction score

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site and would like some advice if possible.....
I wouls love to get a Dogfaced puffer and a porky puffer but unsure to what volume of tank i need for this? I would like a corner tank modifed to house marine fish to make the most of the room in my front room....
Any ideas on size, brand etc....?
thank you and kind regards Emma

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site and would like some advice if possible.....
I wouls love to get a Dogfaced puffer and a porky puffer but unsure to what volume of tank i need for this? I would like a corner tank modifed to house marine fish to make the most of the room in my front room....
Any ideas on size, brand etc....?
thank you and kind regards Emma

Both of those puffers would require a min of 100 gallons of water (IMO 150G would be best)

The biggest ready made corner tanks are only around 70g as far as i know (Juwel trigon 350)

Also remember puffers need very big, very good filtration as they are very big, very messy eaters.

A corner tank really is unsuitable for larger puffers, they need swiming room. So the smallest would be a five footer

Seffie x

A corner tank really is suitable for larger puffers, they need swiming room. So the smallest would be a five footer

Seffie x
Hi Seffie,
So my corner tank will be ok? Or would we need to buy a long one in the future?

A corner tank really is suitable for larger puffers, they need swiming room. So the smallest would be a five footer

Seffie x
Hi Seffie,
So my corner tank will be ok? Or would we need to buy a long one in the future?
Im pretty sure Seffie meant to write really isnt suitable. I dont know much about marine fish but i saw some of these when i was snorkel on holiday and they get big. Like others have said from the size of them i wouldnt put them in anything under 100G but 120G+ would be best.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back