Dog Rescued After A Week In The Kimberley Hole...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
The Kimberley hole.. (city where I live) ... is the biggest.. (deepest) manmade hole in the world... (digging after diamonds) ...(without mechanical tools)

It is around 240m deep, but only 175 m visible... the rest is filled with water....

About 2 weeks ago, a dog was spotted swimming is the water below by a tourist.... After several failed rescue attempts... the dog was finally rescued by a Capt. Seeley..... having survived a whole week.... mostly swimming around and trying to keep head above water...

The dog was now adopted by her rescuer and ... this morning... she was brought in to my daughter's practice to be sterilized by her....

This afforded me the opportunity to get a few original photos of the dog... here she is....

still recovering from the anesthetics....

I know she was world news in most stations?.... She is now renamed by the new owner to Kimberleigh.... Did you see the event on your local news channel???

Wow, that is some story!

Thats the first I've heard that news. 

So glad she survived that ordeal, and happy that the rescuer adopted her and is at a good home.

Thanks for sharing that story 
smile.png

Kimberly holes should be illegal, juss saying

Nice ending to the story, hope it makes a full recovery :good:

As for you Lug, long time no speak hope all is well :good:

James

james_fish said:
As for you Lug, long time no speak hope all is well
good.gif

James

My goodness James!!!... (Chuck Norris!!).....Nice to see you are still around!!!... The dog was absolute headline news here... and I know worldwide.... It was nice to have a celebrity lick your hand!!!... she is beautiful.....

KirkyArcher said:
Thank you very much for that link KirkyArcher.... it basically puts it in perspective.... even though the video footage is mostly in Afrikaans.... I'm sure all can follow what's going on..... The guy is a hero... and... the dog swam around 90% of the time... for almost a week!!!... I am so honored to have had personal contact with such animal... I will never forget the moment I touched it,,,,, (or should I say.... it touched me)......

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back