Does Your Betta Like Cocunut Caves?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jasminekiddell

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering wether your betta(s) like cocunut caves, my new boy Alphie really loves his! Hes not in their 24.7 but he goes in it and i think he finds it calming lol as he just stays in their chilling, especially at night!

Mine don't have coconut caves, but they don't spend much time in their terracotta pots.

However, Ozzy does like hiding in the dark space under the filter and Matthew's peach dalmation boy loves sleeping *in* his plant. It's so cute!

Is the exterior of the coconut caves rough on a betta's fins?

coconut is usually sanded prior to making it a cave so not hash on the fish.
my bettas NEVER paid any mind ot thier caves or pots. i chalk it up to lots of live plants.
my old boy lays on his crypt sideways like a recliner. but they all have rock caves that they like to spend time in. never took to coconut caves...so made them into birdfeeders :)
cheers

Never used coconut caves,
Jack sleeps behind his bogwood, ignores his terracotta pot
Mickey sleeps on his leaves & in his rock cave
Kai-lan sleeps ontop of his filter
the girls are always patrolling so i've never seen them rest, they do have a hollow log to hide in if need be.

:shifty: my fish dont have caves. Most of them have bridges or an ornament and all have real weed... :hyper: but they are very good at rushing out and ambushing me! Apart from the 2 girls who are much too busy to hide and make bubble nests! :good:

Both of my boys go in and out of their coconut caves and like to chill in there every so often, I feel they give them a sense of security if they feel scared for whatever reason. I have made all their caves myself and the opening is not very large so when they go in there you can't see them which I think they prefer!

good to hear, i'd say most peoples prefer bogwood and plants etc, this is the first betta ive had that actually likes a cave! :D

good to hear, i'd say most peoples prefer bogwood and plants etc, this is the first betta ive had that actually likes a cave! :D

all mine like coconut caves. my boy sleeps and sulks in his he just has his head poking out lol
:D

Mine doesn't seem to bother with his coconut cave, he much prefers to sulk under the filter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back