Does this tank look too overcrowded with stuff???

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Navfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my 10 gallon tank that Iā€™m absolutely in love with but thereā€™s 2 issues:
-people said it doesnā€™t look good with the roots
-and overcrowding

I have 5 tetras in there and Iā€™m planning in the future to get maybe 2 more.

But Iā€™m curious to see what u guys think šŸ¤”
Should I get rid of the plant??

Attachments

• 5F6CA2FE-B056-43EC-B8E6-4C04D1E65882.jpeg
    5F6CA2FE-B056-43EC-B8E6-4C04D1E65882.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 7D737EBD-B7FC-4E2E-9D0C-B3527C30F2D8.jpeg
    7D737EBD-B7FC-4E2E-9D0C-B3527C30F2D8.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 97
Honestly I think its perfectly fine and beneficial. Only thing I would do (if possible) is spread the roots out a bit more so the fish can swim in between them. Otherwise it looks like a nice and healthy tank

Honestly I think its perfectly fine and beneficial. Only thing I would do (if possible) is spread the roots out a bit more so the fish can swim in between them. Otherwise it looks like a nice and healthy tank
Here is a pic of my 10 gallon tank that Iā€™m absolutely in love with but thereā€™s 2 issues:
-people said it doesnā€™t look good with the roots
-and overcrowding

I have 5 tetras in there and Iā€™m planning in the future to get maybe 2 more.

But Iā€™m curious to see what u guys think šŸ¤”
Should I get rid of the plant??
I think the plant is quite nice and can provide cover for fish.
i agree with spreading out the roots. you can even have smaller plants grow on the roots of this plant :D

Also, if people think it looks weird, maybe put a piece of rock or driftwood near it, and add stem plants around it so it looks more natural, I think it looks unique and you can probably make something cool out of it

edit: just looked at the tank again, make sure to put the leaves of the dracaena (bamboo?) out of the water or it will rot. stem is fine in the water i think

Most tetras (including neons) should be kept in groups of at least 10, preferably more. Although your tank might not be big enough for more than 10-12.

The lucky bamboo needs access to air and will rot if kept permanently under water. You can have half the stem underwater but the leaves should be allowed to grow out of the water.

Looks awesome matey, as lovely as the bamboo looks it will eventually rot which is a shame

Most tetras (including neons) should be kept in groups of at least 10, preferably more. Although your tank might not be big enough for more than 10-12.

The lucky bamboo needs access to air and will rot if kept permanently under water. You can have half the stem underwater but the leaves should be allowed to grow out of the water.
Yeah I have a 10 gallon tank. So should I get 4 more neon tetras instead of just 2 because they need to be in larger groups?

I think the plant is quite nice and can provide cover for fish.
i agree with spreading out the roots. you can even have smaller plants grow on the roots of this plant :D

Also, if people think it looks weird, maybe put a piece of rock or driftwood near it, and add stem plants around it so it looks more natural, I think it looks unique and you can probably make something cool out of it

edit: just looked at the tank again, make sure to put the leaves of the dracaena (bamboo?) out of the water or it will rot. stem is fine in the water i think
Good thing I order stem plants a week ago!! I just got them tdy and I put some in this tank

Attachments

• 3170EB0A-2B28-45B5-A164-F748A78110F3.jpeg
    3170EB0A-2B28-45B5-A164-F748A78110F3.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 37
Nice tank. You could enter it in our next Tank of the Month contest. Starting at end of August.

100% the unlucky bamboo will rot. Even half submerged is too much. Maybe in a greenhouse half would do well. In your aquarium the light would only be good for few weeks or months before it grew past it..then yer stuck. The Lucky bamboo thing really has to be stopped being foisted on people. Right there with Purple Waffle and Aluminum plant. Your not the only one tricked.
The Peace Lily looks fine..you might put some kind of driftwood under it to look artsy and natural..or rocks and the roots can attach to that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back