Does my neon tetra have eggs? Pls respond

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Caden Fisher

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey! So, i got a small school of 7 neon tetras a few months ago and a one of them kind of looks like it eggs! Iā€™ll leave a pic below. Please respond if you know if it does or doesnā€˜t have eggs. Thanks! The neon tetra in question looks like itā€™s stomach is bulging and none of the rest of them look like that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 38
Yes she does appear to have eggs. The female neon tetra has a kink in the blue line, about half way along it. The males have a straight blue line. The kink in the female's blue line is from the body distending when they have an abdomen full of eggs.

Yes she does appear to have eggs. The female neon tetra has a kink in the blue line, about half way along it. The males have a straight blue line. The kink in the female's blue line is from the body distending when they have an abdomen full of eggs.
Cool! Thanks ?

+1
Quite hard to tell, but... Possibly? I've never had tetras with eggs before, but maybe!
It is usually quite rare. I've only seen it a few other times, and one of them was with a breeder who had been trying for years!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back