Does My Molly Have Bloat?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TDPUK

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I spotted my black molly in the tank today and his belly seems to be bloated. I have no clue if it's a male or female but the stomach was not like this a few days ago.

72zrr6.jpg

Replies appreciated! 

That is a female Molly and she is very pregnant
If you are worried she is bloated, you can feed them thawed peas. My fish love them as a snack

bluesword23516 said:
That is a female Molly and she is very pregnant
If you are worried she is bloated, you can feed them thawed peas. My fish love them as a snack

Thank you for the reply! Are you 100% sure? The belly didn't look like that a few days ago! :eek:

It is definitely female. Do you have other mollies in the tank? She appears to be pregnant. Also to you have some aquarium salt in your tank?

bluesword23516 said:
It is definitely female. Do you have other mollies in the tank? She appears to be pregnant. Also to you have some aquarium salt in your tank?

Yes I have a gold dust molly and a white molly, they both look like their belly's are quite big too.. but not as big as the black one.

No, should I?

If you can post some pictures, and mollies are found in brackish water in the wild (salt and freshwater). To help prevent your mollies from getting sick it is best to have some aquarium salt. What other fish do you have in there.

bluesword23516 said:
If you can post some pictures, and mollies are found in brackish water in the wild (salt and freshwater). To help prevent your mollies from getting sick it is best to have some aquarium salt. What other fish do you have in there.

Okay thank you i'll get some pics.

Tetras and guppies. 

Chances are they are just pregnant. I have bred guppies for three or four years, some females just look big really fast

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back