Does Anyopne Have A Koi Tattoo?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
My wife is getting me a tattoo for my birthday and I've been fancying a koi one. I'd be interested to see what other people have if they have koi tattoos so I can get some inspiration

ta Simon

cant remember what thread it was in precisely but its 1 of the salties ( or it may be a friend of his) posted a pic of an absolutely amazing black and grey koi backpiece . it was the nuts. id love to get a koi fish sleeve done but youre talking serious cash for that . when you planning on getting it done mate?

its an idea for now. I have a tattoo but want a large one and love the koi ones. will go the tattoo shop at the weekend and price them
do you have any idea what kind of price your looking at for a tatt sleeve?

for a full sleeve? id say easily in the £500 region.ptobably more

I went down today saw a big book full of designs but they were not in colour so need inspiration on colours, split between orange koi and blue water surrounding it with maybe a lily and with a red and white and black koi as I like that colour contrast

Also not sure whether to have koi facing up or down the arm. My fave on google images is pointing down but most seem to be facing up?/??

Mark the tattoist said about 6 hours at £70 an hour!!!

a way of doing koifish that can be quite effective if done well is to have the fish itself in colour and the water in black and grey shading . it really contrasts and makes the koifish pop. koifish is usually generally associated with good luck . a koifish swimming upwards stands for strength , or for victory in adversity. ( guess who likes to watch miami ink :lol: ) altho its more in china and japan where the kois has all this myth and legend. if i remember rightly the chinese legend is something along the lines of if a koi manages to swim up the falls to a point called "dragon gate" will be transformed into a dragon , which is probably why most koi tatoos swim upwards

funny enough the best one I have seenhas the black and whitewater part and a blue koi

i lovr tattoos that mix colour with black and grey i really like the contrast . ive got 1 on my back of a devil mans face surrounded by flames with a she devil holding a pitchfork rising from the flames kissing him. completely black and grey except the flames and the devils eyes are orange

If your stuck for idea's try DeviantArt for some inspiration . I've seen some lovely koi on there . I'm still in 2 minds on weather to go for a Koi Rib Piece or a Dragon Rib Piece ! . Sleeve Prices For a full sleeve shoulder to wrist my cousin paid 1100 for his left arm and is right is currently sitting at just under 1200 with around 3 hours work left til it's finished ! He pay's £50 p/h .Good luck finding a nice piece ! and remember pic's when done !

Kizz
:D

70 quid an hour !!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

my guy charges 40 an hour, always has done for however long hes been doing it. do you know the tattooist, or used him before ? id suggest seeing if somebody else will give you a quote.

I;d been to the shop before but never used that tattooist, the one I;ve used before is an old friends sister and shes set her own shop up a couple of miles away. I only checked in that place as its local . I;ll check out the girl I knows shop at dinner time cheers for reminding me :good:

Instead of a koi tattoo why not get something a bit different i have seen wild carp and goldfish tattoos that look better than some koi ones.
I was going to get a koi tattoo but it seems everyone was getting them so i went down a different route and ended up with two siamese fighting fish squareing up to each other on my upper left arm it has the same water style as a japanese koi tattoo but no koi lol i am now thinking of carrying on the theme down my arm with other tropical fish just trying to find a good choice of fish for it.
In the end it is entirely up to you what you want as it will be with you for a rather long time lol but im throwing a new spanner in the works to get you thinking lol

Here's pics of my brother's half sleeve:

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

I got a koi tattoo and all done in one go, took four hours was bloody painful. I see someone has already uploaded a pic, a very nice one at that. I'll try and attach mine and hopefully somewhere along the line you'll get some inspiration.

This was taken when the tattoo was fresh..like an hour after so excuse the gore, if you're squeamish then dont look cos there is blood.

DSC00090.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back