Does Anybody Keep These?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LongS

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Basically looking to get a few of each, was thinking 2-3 honeys, 1 or 2 lace, and 3-4 female fighters.

Does anybody keep a combination of any of these? Would be interested to hear peoples experiences.

You should not mix the two gourami species, although the Bettas and one or the other species of gourami should be fine.

I found no problem with mixing honeys and pearl/lace gouramis as they are very peaceful

never mixed them both with fighters, i have two honey gouramis in with about 10 female bettas and havent had a problem

depending on the size of your tank of course

I had female fighters before. They do ok with eachother as long a you have a lot of hiding spots for them. They need to have I guess you could call them "vision blockers" like plants and ornaments because they will nip at eachother if there is a lot of open swimming room. Mine got along fine just put a bunch of plants and stuff in with them. But I don't know about mixing them wit anything else. They didn't like it when I put in a plecko even. Women I tell ya.....lol

When you say gang up do you mean on each other? or other fish? Strange the guy at the shop said they were very timid and peaceful and may be bullied by things such as male guppies. Anyone found this?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back