does any fish keeper do aerial silks or is it just me?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wow. That’s what I thought it was. I must’ve seen it on tv.

Keep doing it as long as you can for fitness purposes. Im sure I’m not the only older poster who now wishes they’d kept up the fitness enhancing sports or activities they took part in decades ago.
Just read a bit about it on wikI. Started in the early 90s! I thought it’d be a lot lot older.

If I tried that it would end up with me in hospital after giving a performance like ‘fat Amy’ in Pitch Perfect (not that I’d go anywhere with out knickers)! 😂😂😂

Keep doing it as long as you can for fitness purposes. Im sure I’m not the only older poster who now wishes they’d kept up the fitness enhancing sports or activities they took part in decades ago.
I have kept up on fitness reasonably well through the years. I sincerely love trail running, hiking, archery, and building things with hand tools, and I can tolerate lap swimming, and those all keep me in decent shape for a guy my age. (By the way, you know you're getting old when all compliments about your athletic accomplishments end with "for a guy your age." ha ha) I do wish I had kept up on the flexibility part of it, though. I am about as flexible as a brick, and it sometimes keeps me from doing things I want to. Whenever I see someone doing splits (like our dear fishgirl up above), throwing high kicks, doing parkour, or other feats of agility, I am very envious.

The trouble is I hate stretching, and I know myself well enough to have no illusions about my ability to stick with it long-term. Tried getting back into martial arts a few years ago which was really helping until I threw an axe kick incorrectly and exploded my knee. That sort of took the fun right out of that. So I need to find an enjoyable way to stay flexible. I don't think aerial silks is my style, though. :)

No silk, but I used to do other aerial stuff.
bridge day.JPG

I have kept up on fitness reasonably well through the years. I sincerely love trail running, hiking, archery, and building things with hand tools, and I can tolerate lap swimming, and those all keep me in decent shape for a guy my age. (By the way, you know you're getting old when all compliments about your athletic accomplishments end with "for a guy your age." ha ha) I do wish I had kept up on the flexibility part of it, though. I am about as flexible as a brick, and it sometimes keeps me from doing things I want to. Whenever I see someone doing splits (like our dear fishgirl up above), throwing high kicks, doing parkour, or other feats of agility, I am very envious.

The trouble is I hate stretching, and I know myself well enough to have no illusions about my ability to stick with it long-term. Tried getting back into martial arts a few years ago which was really helping until I threw an axe kick incorrectly and exploded my knee. That sort of took the fun right out of that. So I need to find an enjoyable way to stay flexible. I don't think aerial silks is my style, though. :)
i do not like hiking. i have no cardiovascular endurance. i do really enjoy them if we get to be in water. we went to the Narrows in Utah and I enjoyed that. i also am a swimmer, but i have no endurace in that either. i can swim about 200 yards, but then i just start mindlessly swimming. i get so tired that i dont even know what im doing.

Wow. That’s what I thought it was. I must’ve seen it on tv.

Just read a bit about it on wikI. Started in the early 90s! I thought it’d be a lot lot older.
im going to try to do it as long as i can! right now im 13 but hopefully ill be able to do it a while. i might have to stop once i become a mom someday

i have a lot of videos but i don’t know how to post them.
upload them to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here.

I am concerned about the fixture holding the silk, coming away from the roof or tree and going face plant in the ground.

What sort of material do they use for the rope part?

upload them to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here.

I am concerned about the fixture holding the silk, coming away from the roof or tree and going face plant in the ground.

What sort of material do they use for the rope part?
the rope part is silk. they shouldnt come out of the ceiling but if they do, that’s what mats are for!

That is impressive!

But yup, I would probably end up getting caught in the silk and then breaking an ankle or something. :rofl: :unsure:

Because ThatFishGirl6231 is a minor, there are concerns that images and videos could be mis-used.
GPS data or information in the images/videos could be used to locate any club used by children. Images themselves can be used, sometimes with editing, on 'creepy' sites.

We recommend that minors do not share images or videos of themselves, just in case.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back