Dobbies Garden Centre Woodbridge

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Spalders

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Tanks are "well stocked" but the fish are very bright and in great condition. Well worth the drive.

I don't know...
Screenshot_20200927-131102.png

Agree! This is where I've purchased my last two tanks. Staff very friendly too. If you're local to Ipswich, Viking Aquatics is superb too

Edit: For those who don't know, Maidenhead Aquatics are the brand shop located in at least the East Anglia Dobbies.

Picked up my Green Neon Tetra from them (Viking) yesterday actually.

Also got my pineapple plakat betta Boo from there. He is blind in one eye as he came in with popeye so they got him better but it was too late stage to stop him going blind in that one eye.

Picked up my Green Neon Tetra from them (Viking) yesterday actually.

Also got my pineapple plakat betta Boo from there. He is blind in one eye as he came in with popeye so they got him better but it was too late stage to stop him going blind in that one eye.
The only issue I have there is parking but the shop itself is great.

Have you used Kesgrave tropicals in the past?

No I haven't actually, at the moment they are open for pickup only. I drove there a couple weeks ago (I'm only 9 miles from Ipswich so it wasn't a mega drive) just expecting to go in but it was pickup only. Turns out they sell on ebay.
My husband's dad used to keep fish though, and that's where he used to go all the time.
I've heard they're pretty good though

No I haven't actually, at the moment they are open for pickup only. I drove there a couple weeks ago (I'm only 9 miles from Ipswich so it wasn't a mega drive) just expecting to go in but it was pickup only. Turns out they sell on ebay.
My husband's dad used to keep fish though, and that's where he used to go all the time.
I've heard they're pretty good though
Yes it's collection only due to Covid but I've bought from there for as long as I can remember. I'm not far from them either. I was impressed with Dobbies stock though. Tanks look clean, fish look healthy and the staff were helpful.
Another place I quite like is Mill Race at Colchester.

Interesting you say that, when I was living in Sudbury my mum and I used to go there a lot as it isn't far from the Earls Colne/Colchester Mill Races. I used to love it. My uncle keeps saltwater and said Mill Races has recently gone downhill but I don't know as I haven't visited in a few years. Could just also be his opinion and whether their focus is saltwater or freshwater.

Interesting you say that, when I was living in Sudbury my mum and I used to go there a lot as it isn't far from the Earls Colne/Colchester Mill Races. I used to love it. My uncle keeps saltwater and said Mill Races has recently gone downhill but I don't know as I haven't visited in a few years. Could just also be his opinion and whether their focus is saltwater or freshwater.
It's not my first choice for fish but I did "top up" my Columbian tetra school with a few extra from there yesterday and they are very nice fish. A lot of their fish are very small but I suppose that could be seen as an advantage as they're young and should last longer? The difference from Dobbies fish was noticeable. The Zebra Danio's in particular at Dobbies had some huuuuuge females in there. Many were very pregnant too :lol:
There is a particular store I won't buy from not far from me but there are enough good places to choose from.

There's one not far from me either, I wonder if we're thinking the same? Mine is on principle. I definitely didn't do enough research prior to getting my first tank. However, I fully trusted this independent store and transpires they fed me a load of bull.

There's one not far from me either, I wonder if we're thinking the same? Mine is on principle. I definitely didn't do enough research prior to getting my first tank. However, I fully trusted this independent store and transpires they fed me a load of bull.
Is it near Colchester by any chance?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back