Do you talk to your fish?

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
D

Deleted member 149562

I have alot of conversations with my fish

Frequently at 1am when the Cories are getting jiggy with it or doing backflips and have woken me up with their careless crashing about the aquarium.....happens most nights...."Will you behave and go to sleep!"

Or one of the BN's being a twit...."What you doing that for you nutcase?"

Or just passing the time of day with a Ram staring at me whilst mouthing frantically with gesticulating fins....putting the world to rights etc

So c'mon...own up....who else chats with their fish? :)

At this point we bring in the Ichpsychologist ( Fish Psychologist ). She/He will determine if the Fish or the Human needs treatment, in most cases it has been found that Classical Music will help, but if you have Cichlids you will need Heavy Metal to get through to them. The Ichpsychologist will also help with MTS and other disorders associated with fish keeping. You must realize to talk to your fish successfully you need to put your head in the tank, don't do this if you live alone, make sure you have a loved one standing close by. Just in case the conversation gets intense and you need pulling out.

I have alot of conversations with my fish

Frequently at 1am when the Cories are getting jiggy with it or doing backflips and have woken me up with their careless crashing about the aquarium.....happens most nights...."Will you behave and go to sleep!"

Or one of the BN's being a twit...."What you doing that for you nutcase?"

Or just passing the time of day with a Ram staring at me whilst mouthing frantically with gesticulating fins....putting the world to rights etc

So c'mon...own up....who else chats with their fish? :)
absolutely. i talk with them and watch them for hours at a time. i'm mostly telling them how gorgeous they are though.

Never...that would be totally insane...or so the voices in my head tell me.*
When watching my fish, my young cat does sit on my knee and watch with me and I do talk to her, if only to calm her and stop her from pouncing on the sparkly little things in the water, ever so close. She 'chatters' otherwise.

*It is my madness that keeps me sane. ;)

I swear at them quite regularly, although other than that there is little verbal interaction.

I mostly swear at the fish that think it's a good idea to pull up freshly planted plants, or the fish that decide that it's a good idea to nip my arm during maintenance or feeding as if they're baby piranha.

The lady of the house talks to them as if they are her babies though. I caught her talking to one of my pairs of apisto the other day, telling the female that was surrounded by baby fish that she was a "good girl" and accusing the male of being a "randy little bugger".

I would, but don't think they can hear me.

I used to talk to my Bichon Frise dog but he would understand my moods and often understood what I was saying. I even taught him to open and then close the treats cabinet on command and to wink at me when I winked at him. He was an extremely smart dog and could learn tricks with ease. Sometimes he would annoy me like when he would grab the end of the toilet paper and pull it till it was empty. I stopped that by reversing the roll. When he came inside after running in the backyard, I taught him to wipe all four paws on the mat to get the dirt off them.
But I dont talk to my fish as they have tiny brains and only understand that food is coming when I open the lid.

Last edited:
I used to talk to my Bichon Frise dog but he would understand my moods and often understood what I was saying. I even taught him to open and then close the treats cabinet on command and to wink at me when I winked at him. He was an extremely smart dog and could learn tricks with ease. Sometimes he would annoy me like when he would grab the end of the toilet paper and pull it till it was empty. I stopped that by reversing the roll. When he came inside after running in the backyard, I taught him to wipe all four paws on the mat to get the dirt off them.
But I dont talk to my fish as they have tiny brains and only understand that food is coming when I open the lid.
I have much more intelligent conversations with my dogs than I do with many humans....

I "talk" to my axolotl. I don't talk to him, but I just go "oooo helloooooo" "want a wormmmm little axolotl" "awwww he so cuteeeee kirby" in a high pitched voice like he's a baby.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back