Do You Play?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My dad is a lefty and has been learning guitar. I know what you mean. Playing his guitar is really hard. But I still annoy him by playing it better than him. There's enough lefty guitars out there, if you fancy learning again find one and go for it.

And if theres a guitar you want that only comes in right handed they're normally not too dificult to convert...

Im left handed but play the guitar right handed. Same with fishing, I do that right handed aswell.

James.

i used to play trumpet and harmonica
Congo's and cow bell back in the eighties
when i was in a ska band oh by the way
i to am left handed

I play some piano, Guitar, Bass, and in HS band iv'e been doing the Bass Drum mainly(marching) And a mixture of things for concert band. bells, snare, and....Claves!!! lol

I used to play trumpet my first year of middle school.... I wasn't the greatest...

i play guitar, i was 10 in the mid '90's and in the Uk so i spent 99% of my first few years of learning playing oasis, stone roses, reef, 'phonics etc etc. got in a band of sorts at college, various mates joined and moved on due to uni, jobs etc but we played a few pub gigs, abused some alcoholic beverage and had a top laugh. we never got in it to be big, we just wanted to have a laugh and get paid doing it. i dont play as much now, not got any real impoteus to do anything at the moment. we did a recording session that went resonably well with a local guy, so ive got something to show for my efforts.

ive got 7 guitars i think, not sure how many in the attic, an old 70's tweed covered practice amp, an early '80's big fender amp and a bag full of tasty stompboxes. my fave 3 guitars are a dove 12 string acoustic, which sounds mindblowing even if its out of tune and a limited edition fender strat. but most of all i love my '62 fender telecaster custom.

I actually play the violin and yes I'm a guy! Haha I've been playing since 5th grade, I'm 20 now. I don't have a preferred song mainl y because I like to write my own music since I have a way of hearing a note and memorize how it sounds and put them all together and play it with the emotion which is hard to capture when playing other peoples music. The scariest thing I had to do was play a solo in front of 300 people with a cast past my elbow from my wrist break.

I tried to learn bass guitar but i've broken both of my wrists when I was younger so it's hard for me to get hand placement. Always wanted to play drums but never knew anyone that had time to teach me or never had enough space for a set of my own.

For all you acoustic players here, have you ever heard of Andy mckee(spelling?). Check him out on YouTube.

I've been playing Clarinet for about 6 years, I recently picked up Piano and Alto Sax, I much prefer the sound of the sax to the Clarinet I have to admmit, its been quite easy to learn because its also a reed instrument so I could already get a sound out of it. I'd love to play guitar but having tried its just not for me :sad:

Saw this topic, and I couldn't help but pitch in, despite it being from 2 years ago! :D I've been playing the violin since I was 5 years old. I'm curently in an orchestra and string quartet, and both are really fun! I play classical music, but occasionally I'll play a Beatles song with my string quartet. I usually just play in recitals, but I also have been in master classes in front of a small audience. I also did clarinet in 4th grade, but I quickly got bored since everyone else in the "band" was learning how to read music, whereas I had been learning music notes along with the alphabet. :) Violin is definitely my favorite, though!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back