Do You Play?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
woooo - been waiting to gloat, i've played on the same stage as the clash, the sex pistols and artic monkeys have played on (the boardwalk- sheffield)

guitar

ooooh get you!!!

well i can gloat too then, a much sadder gloat though!

I play the flute and various other classical instruments. Was 1st flute with peterborough youth orchestra for several years, played for my county youth orchestra as well. I currently play with west yorkshire fire and rescue service concert band. Like a military marching band type thing. Did my grade 8 when I was 17 which qualifies me to teach (albeit only at a basic level!)

anyone else?

I play basically any mallet percussion - bells, vibes, chimbes, xylo, marimba, etc. - as well as Piano and snare drum.

my hands are too big for any instruments...

or so some jumped up flautist tells me

I used to play keyboard (some 15 years ago), and I'm teaching myself guitar... I'm horrible at both. lol.

I play a mean triangle though.

my hands are too big for any instruments...

or so some jumped up flautist tells me

that's no true dear, i told you, you could probably play the tuba or euphonium or something like that

I play the tuba (E flat), (what a coincidence miss wiggle lol) I did my Grade 5 a while back and am working towards grade 6, should have done it by now but the grade 5 theory is holding me back :X , for grade 4 I got distiction, and for grade 5 I passed with merit. Ive been playing the tuba for about 3 years, (not long i hear you cry) however i changed to it from the trumpet which I played for some 3 or 4 years before that. Last week on wednesday I auditioned for a concert band near me in Lewes called SDYCB (South Downs Youth Concert Band) which is for grade 6 standard and up, so I just fit the requirements :shifty: I am also in Eastbourne Youth Brass, and have been (no longer) in Eastbourne Youth Concert Band. Yeah BigIan your fingers are never too big to play the tuba! the valves are like mushrooms lol! :look: so yeah i just felt like rambling. Oh and I also kind of play piano but i stopped lessons a while back (I dont have pianist fingers anyway) but can still play a bit :)
sorry for rambling

I play the viola, I have a guitar but I don't know how to p;lay it unfortunately. I also want to get into playing the violin, which is actually pretty different than the viola.

Piano, Trombone, and hopefully soon, Drums (not the marching band type, a huge drum set).

Started with slide trombone in 5th grade, expanded out to lower & then upper brass in high school. Picked up an easy A taking guitar junior year, especially since I took harmony/theory sophmore year. Considered going to college for music, then reconsidered after some serious talks with people doing it for a living. Continued with guitar & bass in a few rock/metal bands for around 12 years after h.s. Picked up on drums a little as the drummers picked up on guitar & bass. :)

Haven't played in a band in around 15 years, the family thing took priority. There's some nice recording programs for the computer that weren't available years ago, I mess with these from time to time.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back