Do You Like Gardening As Much As Aquatic Gardening?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mlawson

Excessum ut clementia
Reaction score
I was just wondering if peoples love for aquatic plants (on this forum) strechted to gardening. I like all plants, so gardening for me is almost as good as aquatic gardening, although gardening can be almost impossible for those who live in flats etc. so aquatic gardening is the only option. I'm guessing that the majority of the people on here prefer aquatic gardening if so why?

Cheers,
Mike :)

I love landscaping. I love to get out and work in the yard, and plant and grow all kinds of shrubs, trees, flowers, etc...
I am also a licensed florist. I guess that figures huh? I love plants of almost all kinds. :good:

If its green im keen! Love nature from the smallets spec of moss, to the most awe-inspiring scenics.

Regards,
Graeme.

I voted "Yes". To me, there is really no difference between the two except that aquatic plants are grown, well, in the water. :) A lot of the same principles in my terrestrial gardens are applied to my aquatic gardens. In fact, I started this hobby as a way to enjoy some greenery in the dead of Winter (30 below in IL) or the blistering Summer (Miami, FL), besides houseplants, which I also grow in abundance.

llj :)

I love gardening, find it relaxing.
My partner loves to grow chillies, herbs and vegetables and I love growing flowers!

we've got no garden at all so our only outlet is aquatic plants and a few houseplants

we both like looking after them though and i'm half looking forward to having a garden one day but half dreading it as I haven't a clue what I'm doing!! :D

It looks like it's pretty much equal.

oh dear i'm going to let the side down now.

i voted No. i do appreciate a nice garden but in practice i'm a lazy sod.

outdoor gardening = cold, wet, hard work, takes ages to grow, never see it as it's dark when i'm home apart from weekends, i'll mention hard work again for impact, get blisters, walk mud through house resulting in row with misses (which directly replaces praise for all hard work done)

Aquatic gardening = warm (room and water), no physical effort, grows very fast, can appreciate it all the time i am at home, no blisters just prune fingers, no mud and water is easily to clean up before she notices, no praise still but hey you cant have everything. (at least i get that from you guys & girls)

oh and i like change, you can change your planting every week if you like in a tank, not so outside.

From Mr Lazy Jimbooo

Im in the boat of flat/apartment yet still aquatic gardening allows me to look at it year round and outdoor gardening for only a couple months. By a slight margin aquatic gardening takes it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back