Do you have a nano tank (20 gal or smaller) stocked with shrimp?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
If you have a nano tank stocked with shrimp, I'd like to see some pics of your tank and get some information about your setup such as food you feed, type of shrimp, how long you have kept them, your experience with shrimp, other fish in the tank, lights, heating plants, etc.

Last edited:
I would say yes. Do you have a 10g stocked with shrimp?
I have updated my first post to specify nano tanks as being 16 US gallons or smaller.

Last edited:
@Slaphppy7 happy7 can you give details of your tank (such as those I speified in my first post) and post pics

The problem is that I used to have shrimps and not anymore which is sad because they were cute. But my tank was 40 litres, pH was 8.4 and had a lot of nana plants that the shrimp enjoyed. Other fish were Rosy barbs and zebra / leopard danios but I'm not sure if the fishes ate my last shrimp...

This was a while ago. It’s 29g (Not nano but figured you may want to see). It does have fish in it. 5 Amano Shrimp, and some more planned. They love algae wafers - just about any food. Mine get eggs often, but they will not hatch because they need brackish (too hatch).
178BEC52-E067-481D-8376-46B9D10B31C1.jpeg
CC370CE9-2658-42C8-B182-C6F2103FF960.jpeg

edit:

meant that the pics were a while ago. Tank is up and running.

Last edited:
anyone else have a nano shrimp tank?

I have three nano tanks with shrimp in them. All are going well. Do you have a specific question?

@hansgruber7 yes I have a few questions
What types of shrimp to you have?
How many years have you kept shrimp?
what size are the tanks?
are they planted?
any other fish in the tanks?
What do you feed them?
Do they breed in your tanks?
could you post a few pics?

@Lajos_Detari
How long have you been keeping shrimp?
You seem very experienced. Can you post a few pics of your tanks?

Last edited:
What types of shrimp to you have?
How many years have you kept shrimp?
what size are the tanks?
are they planted?
any other fish in the tanks?
What do you feed them?
Do they breed in your tanks?
could you post a few pics?
1: I've kept Cherry shrimp nice colour
2: on and off about 2 years
3: I now keep the shrimp in a heavily planted ecosphere 1.5 gallon
4: hornwort, java moss, ludwigia repens
5: no just the shrimp and a few bladder snails
6: well there are lots of algae and biofilm in the tank, on top of that a few shrimp formulated foods
7: yeah a few babies
8: if i can find some
:D

Here are a few pics of one of my tanks with shrimp...sorry for the poor quality, I can get better ones at a later time.

This is a 10G tank, Quikrete pool filter sand for substrate. Filtered by an AquaClear 30. Rarely use a heater in this tank, temp stays around 72-73F year-round. Neocaridina are the only shrimp in this tank, I have a few amanos (with other Neos) in a 29G tank. Heavily planted with wendtii crypts (it needs a good cull this weekend). Light fixture is a Current Satellite LED Plus.

The shrimp have been in this tank for 3 or 4 years. I buy culls from a breeder on AquaBid. They breed readily in this tank. I feed them nothing special, they get the food the fish eat (WCMMs and ember tetras), as well as blanched veggies once or twice a week.

I have kept shrimp in most of my tanks for the past 9 years or so.

Attachments

• IMG_5619.JPG
    IMG_5619.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5620.JPG
    IMG_5620.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 25

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back