Do U Pet Ur Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hahaha, this is a great question, and the answer for me is "yes"....

Both of my Rope Fish and my Betta will allow me to pet them.
The Beta comes to the top of the tank at feeding times and will wrap its' tail around my fingers.
The Rope Fish are simply playful and apparently enjoy being caressed.

Here's a couple of pics of my Rope Fishes (Sodom And Gomorrah)

sng1.jpg
~
sng2.jpg

I love to pet my Oscars but they have to be "in the mood" otherwise they bite. I also (don't laugh!) kiss Odin bye-bye every morning, on the glass. He comes over to me, wiggles and I tell him to be a good boy and give him a quick smooch. It drives my hubby nuts, because there's always lip prints all over the side of the tank! :lol:

^that made me laugh. When i had my flyers, they used to let me storke their sides, but they got kinda frisky a few times and the female would draw blood from my fingers. I stroke my turts when their in the water, they appear to like it, But the biggest one bit me about a week back and would not let go of my finger. i had to take him out of the water and had to have someone prise her Jaws open. Lil Swine.
Dan

my guppies let me touch them and rub them....swwet babies were SO CUTE!!!! :wub: :wub:

I often run my hand across the back of my arowana, my 18" leirius pictus is starting to come up for food when i rub under his mouth, my ornage pike cichlids will sit in my hand for a tickled belly to.

out in the garden, i can lift some of my koi out of the water without them flapping about, with 1 hand.

My Whiptail Cat gets preferential treatment at feed time because he is so slow and gets bullied away from the food. He sits in the cup of my hand and feeds from there, that way I know he is getting food. :cool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back