Do U Pet Ur Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

One of my 2 Green Spotted Puffers lets me pet his back all the time. Both of them well eat right out of my fingers and even stick there noses out of the water for food. I'm currently trying to teach one to jump out of the water and grab food from my fingers. How cool would that be?

One of my 2 Green Spotted Puffers lets me pet his back all the time. Both of them well eat right out of my fingers and even stick there noses out of the water for food. I'm currently trying to teach one to jump out of the water and grab food from my fingers. How cool would that be?

That would make him a dolphin wouldn't it? :D

My danios and WCMMs all "attack" my hand/arm when I'm fiddling about in the tank. They get quite inquisitive. If I poke a finger into the surface of the water most will come up and take a nibble, including my fancy goldfish. Its good to get some interaction going :)

i havent ever been bitten but my bettas always like to rub up against my hand

My guppies bit my hand a few times when they hadn't been fed for a week. :rolleyes:

my 2 black angels - like to nibble at my hand when doing maintenance and re-arranging plants to enrich their environment

also my velvet takes blood worms from between my fingers - is wayyyyy kewl :thumbs:

im trying to get my featherfin catfish to let me pet him and eat out of my hand.

I used to pat my betta when i had one.

But my guppies are really curious when I put my hand in the water and love to nibble at me.

My bettas are still getting used to me, but I think my female would/will eventually let me pet her.... if she would just stop nipping at me thinking there is food stuck to me lol.

Our guppies in our main tank used to be very skittish, but are now very interested whenever something new goes into the water including my hands. I haven't felt any nibbles but they get pretty close.
My danios used to nip at my fingers when we first got them. But after they were traumatized by an incident a while back (me having to take out 2 to medicate them)... they're a bit reluctant now. They're getting back to their old ways though :)

all of my guppies love to swim into my hand when i'm trying to rearrange things. i also have a baby platy who will not grow for some strange reason and he won't swim for long periods of time it's the weirdest thing! he sits at the bottom like a goby! i thought something was wrong with him at first, but he's just fine and dandy, comes up for food, likes to sit on my hand while it's in the water and then goes and sits at the bottom again. my betta also likes to hit my hand when it's in there.

What would one's skin and skin oils do to the slime coat of a fish? Just curious

Geoff the plec has a tendancy of sitting on my hand / arm when its in the tank and my mollies if i skimming something off the surface with my hand cupped sit inside my hand for a ride

Most reactions

trending

Back