Do too much microworm will caused the betta fry dead?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Reaction score
Hi, first time breeding betta, alien breed. I fed the betta fry with microworm at their 4th day, but at the 7th day i realize the fry are all dead except for 1survival. Then only realize alot of microworm are swimming at the bottom of the water.
Lastly, when do we need to remove the male betta from the betta fry? Someone said 4days, but some said 2weeks.
I really feel bad for the betta

Hi, first time breeding betta, alien breed. I fed the betta fry with microworm at their 4th day, but at the 7th day i realize the fry are all dead except for 1survival. Then only realize alot of microworm are swimming at the bottom of the water.
Lastly, when do we need to remove the male betta from the betta fry? Someone said 4days, but some said 2weeks.
I really feel bad for the betta
How often and how much are you feeding at time? Betta fry need small amounts 3-4 times a day, similarly to when you're conditioning your male and female for spawning.

Male bettas should be removed when the fry are 'free swimming'. Usually two days after hatching. Males will stop catching falling fry, the bubble nest will start to disappear and he will start swimming around the tank looking for food, these are good indications that his work is done. He should be removed before the babies first feed at 3 days old

How often and how much are you feeding at time? Betta fry need small amounts 3-4 times a day, similarly to when you're conditioning your male and female for spawning.

Male bettas should be removed when the fry are 'free swimming'. Usually two days after hatching. Males will stop catching falling fry, the bubble nest will start to disappear and he will start swimming around the tank looking for food, these are good indications that his work is done. He should be removed before the babies first feed at 3 days old
I feed the fry 3times a day. Can i know how does it count as small amount? I use usually feed it using ear cottan bud.
I see. I believe the male ate most of the fry cause i didnt saw alot fry's dead body.
Thank you very much.
Also lastly, still left 2 survival. Hope they can grow up well.

I feed the fry 3times a day. Can i know how does it count as small amount? I use usually feed it using ear cottan bud.
I see. I believe the male ate most of the fry cause i didnt saw alot fry's dead body.
Thank you very much.
Also lastly, still left 2 survival. Hope they can grow up well.
That should be fine. I'd recommend using something like an ice pop stick, providing it's clean. I use the wooden coffee stirers from McDonalds :lol: just to avoid the cotton wool from being accidentally eaten.

Perhaps, it is possible if he's been in there a while. I'm sure you'll do your best to raise your remaining fry to adulthood, just don't be disheartened if they don't make it, it happens. You can always try again and you'll learn new things with every spawn.

Make sure to return with updates on your fry and breeding adventures!
Best of luck :)

Baby labyrinth fishes (Bettas & Gouramis) need green water or infusoria (paramecium) for the first 2 weeks of life, then they can go onto newly hatched brineshrimp and microworms.

The following link has information on culturing food for baby fish.

In an emergency, you can use boiled egg yolk and that is also covered in the link.

That should be fine. I'd recommend using something like an ice pop stick, providing it's clean. I use the wooden coffee stirers from McDonalds :lol: just to avoid the cotton wool from being accidentally eaten.

Perhaps, it is possible if he's been in there a while. I'm sure you'll do your best to raise your remaining fry to adulthood, just don't be disheartened if they don't make it, it happens. You can always try again and you'll learn new things with every spawn.

Make sure to return with updates on your fry and breeding adventures!
Best of luck :)
Since only left 3 fry, i use toothpick to feed it one by one but they seems like doesnt like, someone also taught me egg yolk will do.
Sure, i will update about their condition in the future.
Again, really thank you for helping me

Baby labyrinth fishes (Bettas & Gouramis) need green water or infusoria (paramecium) for the first 2 weeks of life, then they can go onto newly hatched brineshrimp and microworms.

The following link has information on culturing food for baby fish.

In an emergency, you can use boiled egg yolk and that is also covered in the link.
Thank you, yeah i am boiling the egg now
Hope the fry like it

20201009_132407.jpg

This is the container i use to put the fry. Alright, but i didnt have any filter.

To be confirm again, so when the betta fry hatched. I can start feeding them egg yolk/ baby brine shrimp when they are free-swimming (3/4th day after born)? Then can continue baby brine shrimp for 1month? After 1 month can feed them normal betta fish food?

Most reactions

Back