Do Plants Carry Disease?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

sunpirate2u

Fishaholic
Reaction score
:unsure: I got a bad case of ick in my ten gallon :grr: . Iā€™m going to empty out everything and get new gravel and let the tank dry out for a few weeks. If I were to move my plants to another tank, would they spread the disease?

Thx,
~Andi

:unsure: I got a bad case of ick in my ten gallon :grr: . Iā€™m going to empty out everything and get new gravel and let the tank dry out for a few weeks. If I were to move my plants to another tank, would they spread the disease?

Thx,
~Andi
^^^^^^^^

I don't know how bad your case is, but I usually don't even use medication when I see ick. I just add a capful of garlic guard and soak the food in it for a few days, while turning the temperature of to 80-81 degrees. As for the plant issue, I'd like to know the answer to that myself. By turning up the temperature, it speeds up the lifecycle of ick, and everything just seems to come to an end. Now, if you have a really serious case, just medicate the tank and follow the appropriate water change schedule, while also employing the garlic and higher temp methods. Take all carbon out of your filters...

Well this is the second time its been bad. The first time i used meds it made everything worse. I dont know how but everytime it comes back and all my fish die within a week.

To be on the safe side you could pour bowling water over every item in a bucket.

I just tore down my 10 gallon tank, quarantine tank, for had a mollie die in it. I wiped it down with vinegar and then put every thing in a big pitcher with some vinegar and water in it. I have found vinegar helps sterilize things. Gets rid of what aggravates my skin allergies.

I have found that most fish die from stress and overfeeding which leads to disease. I believe in trying to use natural additives before I add medication. Thus quarantining the fish for at least a week and adding aquarium salt helps. Fish I do this with fare mush better than the 1s I just put in my tank after acclimating for 30minc.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back