Do Parrot Fish Need Buddies If So What Kind Of Other Fish Are Good..

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Depends on how large the tank is.
How big is yours?
Rob

Edit: looking at your profile you have a 10g and a 36g? Im guessing its in the 36g right? and even so that is not big enough for it.

Depends on how large the tank is.
How big is yours?
Rob

Edit: looking at your profile you have a 10g and a 36g? Im guessing its in the 36g right? and even so that is not big enough for it.
no i have the 10 and returned the 36 and god a 46..

ok i still wouldnt keep it in a 46. Whats in it right now?
rob
nothing im not setting it up till i get all the supplies i only have the tank stand hood... and filter but idk i might want to return the filter and get a hang off filter... and im getting gravel.. im thinking about the parrot fish..

the tankis cycleing good.. but i need to get fish now.. and i need info .... can i get 1 parrot will it be agressive becasue it needs a buddy..

the tankis cycleing good.. but i need to get fish now.. and i need info .... can i get 1 parrot will it be agressive becasue it needs a buddy..
hey i only have 1 parrot fish he is in with 3 angel fish,2 guaramies,and a sailfin plec and 1 small fish but dunno wat it is but they all get on fine parrot fish are lovely i thinkin about gettin another

hey i only have 1 parrot fish he is in with 3 angel fish,2 guaramies,and a sailfin plec and 1 small fish but dunno wat it is but they all get on fine parrot fish are lovely i thinkin about gettin another
thanks thats all i need to hear... good luck with your fish

Umm..

How big is your new tank inches wise?

If it's only 3 feet long I wouldn't get a parrot..

and lots of parrots wont tolerate angelfish/gouramis.. all parrots have their own personality.

Nope I wouldn't either.
As vancouver said parrots have different personalities - my lfs had some extremely aggressive ones that killed whatever they put in with them.
I would really strongly suggest against buying parrots then.

I have 1 BP 1 black convict and 1 FM in a 55g. They all do pretty good, there's the occasional fight over territory but that's it.

and lots of parrots wont tolerate angelfish/gouramis
If you mean stress the parrots out thats wrong :rolleyes: ...But if you mean the parrot might kill them thats right :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back