Do Oscars Have Teeth?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ethos

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I have friends who have koi. I've become comfortable with letting the koi suck on my fingers; I put my finger at the top of my tank out of curiousity, and my oscars have become interested in my fingers.
Now I know its stupid to let your fingers be bit off... SO Now I'm super curious? Is it dangerous to let oscars suck on fingers the same way Koi do?

I wouldn't doubt if they did..

I don't think I would let them bite my finger... depending on the size it would probably hurt, could possibly draw blood, and invite infection.

I have friends who have koi. I've become comfortable with letting the koi suck on my fingers; I put my finger at the top of my tank out of curiousity, and my oscars have become interested in my fingers.
Now I know its stupid to let your fingers be bit off... SO Now I'm super curious? Is it dangerous to let oscars suck on fingers the same way Koi do?

Yes they do have teeth but at the back of the mouth, thats why they swallow whole then chew, they have some sort of teeth at the front but not made to chew. Yes they will bite and you will bleed lol unless you've trained them from little youngens. It's really trial and error, dosent hurt to much 'so ive heard' lol your decision to put your finger in........best of luck ;)

My oscar feeds outta my hand, but he's only small atm about 4".

Yes Oscars have teeth. When you feed them pellets you can hear them crunching the pellets like a person easting a bag of crisps. Also when they yawn you will get a good view in their mouth and you should be able to see them then

Yes Oscars have teeth. When you feed them pellets you can hear them crunching the pellets like a person easting a bag of crisps. Also when they yawn you will get a good view in their mouth and you should be able to see them then

Are crisps, crackers or potato chips? Sorry, I'm american so I have no idea what crisps are.... haha

Are crisps, crackers or potato chips? Sorry, I'm american so I have no idea what crisps are.... haha

potatoe chips, bloody americans :p :lol:

potatoe chips, bloody americans :p :lol:

well if you damn people would learn how to speak proper english..... :p

my 10 inch oscar bites my finger... it comes a bit of a shock, but its never hurt

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back