Do I need to water change?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kevfiz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all. I am just wondering if my weekly water checks are the same every week and there is no sign of algae do I still need to do a weekly water change?

Hi all. I am just wondering if my weekly water checks are the same every week and there is no sign of algae do I still need to do a weekly water change?

Yes.

Water changes are about more than nustthe removal of toxins. They also replenish vital nutrients that we cannot test for, that the fish use up in between.

OK I have run out of my tropica nutrition for the plants. They are planted in tropica soil can I still do water change without adding any nutrition? My local aquarium shop is useless they are open all week for essentials but at weekend closed. They have not considered the fish keepers who work Monday to Friday. Not even a late night.

OK I have run out of my tropica nutrition for the plants. They are planted in tropica soil can I still do water change without adding any nutrition? My local aquarium shop is useless they are open all week for essentials but at weekend closed. They have not considered the fish keepers who work Monday to Friday. Not even a late night.

Water changes may help the plants, too. If you can't get to the LFS, try Amazon, eBay, on online aquatic shops.

I agree, water changes regularly (once a week normally) are basic essential maintenance if fish are present. There is "stuff" we cannot see and cannot measure (test) for that is harmful to fish and it builds up. No filter can deal with this. Only regular and substantial water changes. Fish health depends upon it.

As you have Tropica soil, this may be even more important. I've no experience with this substrate so I do not know if it may leech anything into the water or affect water chemistry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back