Do I need to feed the shrimp in this tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ZoddyZod

Constantly learning
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Had a new, planted tank set up for ~1 month. Covered in algae now. Added 6 cherry shrimp yesterday

Given the abundance of algae, should I also be adding specific shrimp food, or is that not necessary? I have the food, just not sure if adding it would be overkill, or that it might go uneaten?

20221212_111918.jpg

Shrimp are scavengers, they don't "need" special shrimp food; regular fish food, as well as the occasional blanched veggies, are more than enough.

If you've already bought shrimp food, then use it, sparingly, 2 or 3 times a week

Shrimp are scavengers, they don't "need" special shrimp food; regular fish food, as well as the occasional blanched veggies, are more than enough.

If you've already bought shrimp food, then use it, sparingly, 2 or 3 times a week
currently, no food ('regular' or shrimp specific) is being added to this tank. I was wondering if ANY food needs to be added, due to the abundance of algae.

currently, no food ('regular' or shrimp specific) is being added to this tank. I was wondering if ANY food needs to be added, due to the abundance of algae.
I'd feed blanched veggies, a few times a week

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back