Do I Need A Nutrient Substrate / Ferts?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My guess is you can bolt an additional tube in their somewhere - I'd be surprised if no-one on this forum has already done that before.

I have a Juwel Rekord 60 - I now have two 18" tubes in but I ripped out all of the internal lighting etc etc to do this.

I'm pretty much stuffed then.
Now that I doubt. take a picture of the hood and post it up I'm certain a member will be able to help, and if your worried about spiralling costs don't forget DIY options.

This is the 125Ltr tank when I first bought it and it now has 2.5WPG. Recognise it?
PHOT0001.jpg

Here is a pic after the upgrade
tank.jpg

And a daylight version so you can see for sure.
NewSetup.jpg

Admittedly it is the Duo version. Fluval Duo Deep 800.

Can you take a picture of the inside of the hood?

I personally think that you should be able to rip the light and fitting you currently have out and screw in a power compact in its place. maybe 2 lights if you remove the ballast recess that the current lights use.

Andy

I can't do it because the hood is different from the Duo Versions, I saw some in the shops the other day and the hood is a lot more spacious than my one.

are you sure? chopping out what ever's in there already and replacing it with a power compact shouldn't be that difficult. why not make yourself a hood if you can't make more light fit?

Because I'm 14 years old and not very good at DIY.
get your dad to help? why don't you make it at school after hours I made a model railway while I was at school and they're so much more difficult plus you'll have extra help.

This is the inside of your hood at present.
unolid.jpg

Its not really DIY.

You cut out most of the ballast recess leaveing the upper bit where the panel on top clips into.
Then you screw 2 power compacts into the firstly the part where the old T8 light was then one into where the panels is like this.
unoafter.jpg

It will fit 2 36W PC lamps no problems with 2 reflectors. (72W)

Only problem I can see now is that being 14 years old you would need to find at least £55 to do this and if you wanted each light to switch independently then you would need 2 starters so even more.

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back