Do Fish listen to music? If so What Genre?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Do Fish listen to music and what do they prefer?

• Fish listening to music....don’t be daft!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • My fish Love Reggae/Dub/ska and Rocksteady

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • My fish Love Rock

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • My Fish Love Classical and orchestral music

• I’m unsure but they act different when music is on

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I’m unsure but my fish act the same regardless of what musics playinf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Fish Love Dance/Heavy Dance

• No Comment

• I like Smelly Toes

• My Fish love Motown and Soul music

• My Fish love Grime music

• My fish love East Coast Rap Music

• My fish Love West Coast Rap & G-Funk music

• Total voters
My main fish tank is in the dining room, so they never get to hear music. I used to have a tank in the lounge and it wasn't so much that the fish objected to my husband's music as he complained the slight hum from the filter interfered with his listening :(

“I dance with the Reggae & Dub and so do the fish”...in a Jamaican Rasta Accent would be “ I Skank Pon De Reggae and Dub so do dem fish mon”

Last edited:
Joking aside, it may be worth considering the tones fish would experience in their native habitats.
Water is a great conductor of sound and fish hear and feel sound.
Sudden, sharp noises would be like slaps, for example, banging on the tank would be like punches.

I recall softer bass (Hah! No pun intended) notes are significantly less stressful than higher tones.

Joking aside, it may be worth considering the tones fish would experience in their native habitats.
Water is a great conductor of sound and fish hear and feel sound.
Sudden, sharp noises would be like slaps, for example, banging on the tank would be like punches.

I recall softer bass (Hah! No pun intended) notes are significantly less stressful than higher tones.
tats true.

Sound Frequency’s that humans can hear generally start around 20mhz(really low note bass) to 20,000mhz(Really high Pitch Whining) bare this in mind when choosing what to play around your fish

As @Bruce Leyland-Jones mentioned fish much prefer Lower Bass drawn out over a long period as appose to high pitch crashing or whining

if you want to know how the full frequency range sounds look up sound frequency test on youtube or follow this link Sound Frequency Test-Do use the best stereo/headphones you have available-Don't play this around your fish tank and or pets

Last edited:
Music Frequency’s generally start around 20mhz(really low note bass) to 20,000mhz(Really high Pitch Whining) bare this in mind when choosing what to play around your fish

As @Bruce Leyland-Jones mentioned fish much prefer Lower Bass drawn out over a long period as apples to high pitch crashing or whining
Yeah...gotta watch them apples! :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back