Do Fish Have Scar Tissue?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Clarousel

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm wrapping up my 1 week of heat + meds for white spot today.

My platy's single white spot on the tail fin has faded from the first time I saw it. It's still there but smaller and translucent-ish. Could this be scar tissue (if there is actually such a thing for fish) or remains of the white spot? She's no longer flecking too.

I'd like to clarify so I can adjust my treatment accordingly. Thanks :)

Yes, fish can scar.

Difficult to answer the other question without a picture, could just be returning to colour after healing though.

My Severum burnt itself on my old heater. At first there was a blister, then a hole and now it has healed but under the light you can see a scar where the wound was. It keeps reminding me never to use an unguarded heater again...

I've tried getting a picture of her before. She darts off to another spot before the camera has time to shutter! :crazy:

It doesn't seem like a white spot but the fact that it's still there is troubling. I'll continue to watch her, really hope it's a scar like what you guys have mentioned!

Bad news. I think the ich is still in the tank!

She was getting better until 2 days ago. Today I noticed the same faded white spot on her tail fin has a new spot just beside it! :crazy: Today's the 15th day of heat at 31.5C and I just started dosing meds again (I stopped on Friday because it was 10 days of meds) because of the whitespot.

What should I do now this ich isn't going away! Tank parameters are 0ppm, 0ppm and 10ppm for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates respectively.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back