Do fish cull

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Ok I had 4 electric blue acara two males two females the females are not fond of each other and one are a breeding pair , the other male had a dip in his spine was a poor quality fish , he has disappeared completely, no body but I never expected a body with my stock just vanished , could he have been killed for his deformation?

Ok I had 4 electric blue acara two males two females the females are not fond of each other and one are a breeding pair , the other male had a dip in his spine was a poor quality fish , he has disappeared completely, no body but I never expected a body with my stock just vanished , could he have been killed for his deformation?
If they’re already acting aggressively, then his deformity may have just made him an easier target.

If they’re already acting aggressively, then his deformity may have just made him an easier target.
There was aggression when breeding basically my breeding pair will always fight in pair so what ever fights them has little chance but thts it every thing knows they are boss and avoid when they are breeding so little damage is done , just strange he has vanished and not the other female

It would not have been killed because of its body shape. If it was killed, it would be due to the pair setting up a territory and killing rivals in that territory.

It would not have been killed because of its body shape. If it was killed, it would be due to the pair setting up a territory and killing rivals in that territory.
For monogamous pair the male won’t really attack the other female

One male might accept another female in his territory but he won't accept other males. However, a female with eggs could attack new females that move into the area.

One male might accept another female in his territory but he won't accept other males. However, a female with eggs could attack new females that move into the area.
The female instigates the fights she will start the fights and wait for her male to jump in , there isn’t really any cross species aggression she might nip at my geophagus but that’s it , the male that has vanished was a weak male even when lip locked with the female would be pushed about

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back