Do Birchirs Burrow In Substrate

my Delhezi and Ornate dont but the Endlicheri I had last year did so on a daily basis mind you it was about 13 inch and looked daft trying to conceal itself under the sand

My delhezi does. I have black sand so he is impossible to find. My delhezi is around 6 inch. My Ornate doesn't burrow and neither have any of the senegals iv had. Iv had 4 of them

My ornate used to do, or find somewhere high up to hang about. Would always have his head showing though, waiting for a snack.

My ornate used to do, or find somewhere high up to hang about. Would always have his head showing though, waiting for a snack.
My Ornate has always done this. He immediately found HIS spot in the tank behind an ornament and has stayed there since. He will only come out for food or occasionally to go to the top of the tank for air

I have a endlicheri bichir and he sometimes burrows into my black sand and i bleieve he does this due to his eyes being on top of his head, so its natural instinct is to burrow and wait for prey. Just my 0.02$

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back