Do Biorb tanks come with different pumps sizes depending on the tank size?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

manimcr

Reaction score
So I bought a pre-owned 60l Biorb Life tank a few months ago and its all been running fine. just the odd algae bloom that happens but I've managed to keep that in check by telling the kids not to leave the light on as much during the day.

however i've had a standard tropical fish tank before and i've noticed there's alot of waste and matter in the gravel - much more than what would be in a normal tank.

Now from what I understand with regards to a biorb is that the air pump helps draw water into the filter thus cleaning the tank too. With this matter I had a thought what if the pump wasnt powerful enough or the guy who sold me the tank replaced it. From what I can tell he has replaced the light with one from a different biorb light so i thought he may have done the same? Would having a better air pump help with the removal of this gravel matter or is this how its supposed to be?

Though saying that having had a normal tank before i'm quite disappointed with a biorb tank. cleaning is a pain in the ass and the fact you have to take the light away from the tank to do anything is useless.

I agree, Biorbs are a pita! I don't think the air pump would make much difference but the gravel will. If you use gravel it is too small/ compacted to allow the water to flow to the filter. You need biorb media which is much chunkier and allows the system to operate much like an undergravel filter.

when i set up the tank i put in larger gravel pieces with this filteration in mind - the pieces are large - i have two khuli loaches in there who i never see because they go through the gravel like a tunnel system.

I would not recommend bottom dwellers in a biorb.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back