April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Just wondering.

After using several methods I have finally gotten the Bladder, Pond and Ramshorn hitch-hikers on plants snail situation under control. Do I need to feed my Assassin Snails snails or will they eat the things that other snails eat?
Thanks!

I believe that they'll also eat bloodworms but I've never had an assassin snail.

They will take pellets, flakes, and algae wafers. But, they prefer live snails. It is however believed that their reproductive rates will slow, if they don’t have a protein rich diet.

How big are your assassin snails? I have 10 but there not big enough to feed on snails yet.
I don't know, average I guess! I'll try to get a good image with something to compare it to. Except sometimes they go AWOL for a while.

Back when I was having "pest snail" problems I had two Assassins in one tank.
About a week ago I saw a baby. Just one, but so cute. It has doubled in size. It is just a guess, or maybe I read it actually...hmmnn....anyway I think they just eat regular substrate gunk and work their way up to grown-up-snail snail food by size!
I'll try to get pictures but, I bet others have had this problem, I have NO more room on phone camera.
MUST fix. Must delete fish pictures to make room for MORE fish pictures!
ROFL.

Last edited:
Instead of deleting the pictures save them to your computer
Well....I need to get one.
Looooong story, but the result is that I am going to get a desk-top with a real clickity-clack keyboard and a moniter and a printer. I will get a WIRELESS mouse, though. :)
That is what I had when I did any decent writing.

Believe it or not I am doing this Forum thing on my phone at a....wait for it....snail's pace.

Very time-consuming and frustrating and the autocorrect and the editing and blah blah blah but it's all worth it. I just have to rest every now and then when my hands go numb.

My wife uses her cell phone and hates computers, I use my computer and have an old fashion flip phone (beam me up scotty) ;)

My wife uses her cell phone and hates computers, I use my computer and have an old fashion flip phone (beam me up scotty) ;)
I actually want a flip phone and have an old one I'm not sure they could turn it on though but they do still make them but I have to have my GPS and I have to have a good internet on my phone or I wouldn't be able to be on the Forum but I think it's cool that you have a flip phone

I do this on a phone too. It's hard to get a clear photo :rofl:

I do this on a phone too. It's hard to get a clear photo :rofl:

Seriously do your hands get numb?

I can get okay photos, the problem is finding them to post.... it's okay in a couple weeks I think I'm going to be up and running a computer and then you'll probably take a vote to tell me to stop posting so many pictures!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back