DNA results are IN for luna!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Heā€™s a mix, our neighbors have two as well.

@Rocky998 heā€™s our guard dog, watches our chickens and cats and alerts my family when Iā€™m down and canā€™t get up
Wow! Very good dog then.
They are bred for their protective attributes.
That is amazing your dog does that.
Reminds me of the scene from the movie "The Art of Racing in the Rain" where the wife passes out in the middle of the woods during a jog and the dog alerts bystanders.
Is it your dog or your parents' dog?
If it's yours is there a way you can make him a support animal?

Wow! Very good dog then.
They are bred for their protective attributes.
That is amazing your dog does that.
Reminds me of the scene from the movie "The Art of Racing in the Rain" where the wife passes out in the middle of the woods during a jog and the dog alerts bystanders.
Is it your dog or your parents' dog?
If it's yours is there a way you can make him a support animal?
He is, and he wasnā€™t super well trained either heā€™s just a good dog in general. When I used to take him on walks he would get between me and cars he didnā€™t like, and would let me walk pst a certain area in the woods which I later realized that there was a bear and thatā€™s why.

Heā€™s my parents. Heā€™s also super old and not up to being a support or service animal. At some point in the future Iā€™m looking at getting a service dog, one who could help with mobility, retrieving things, turning off lights etc would be amazing

you can use Alexa to turn your lights on and off....all my lights and electrical devices are voice controlled via Alexa. "Alexa--turn on aquarium lights...Alexa turn on Air Conditioner, Alexa turn on space heater---Alexa , set room thermostat to 75 degrees..etc."

Now if I can just teach Alexa to do my water changes, that would be perfect! ;)

He is, and he wasnā€™t super well trained either heā€™s just a good dog in general. When I used to take him on walks he would get between me and cars he didnā€™t like, and would let me walk pst a certain area in the woods which I later realized that there was a bear and thatā€™s why.

Heā€™s my parents. Heā€™s also super old and not up to being a support or service animal. At some point in the future Iā€™m looking at getting a service dog, one who could help with mobility, retrieving things, turning off lights etc would be amazing

you can use Alexa to turn your lights on and off....all my lights and electrical devices are voice controlled via Alexa. "Alexa--turn on aquarium lights...Alexa turn on Air Conditioner, Alexa turn on space heater---Alexa , set room thermostat to 75 degrees..etc."

But then you have a spy right in your house. Listening to everything you say and if you have the echo show, watching everything you do.

Alexa canā€™t retrieve things for me tho, I do have Alexa controlling my fish tank lights though

But then you have a spy right in your house. Listening to everything you say and if you have the echo show, watching everything you do.
Yep but I have them anyway šŸ˜‚

While Alexa is pretty amazing tech I dont trust it and neither does my uncle who works in computer security and used to work in NASA.
But I can definitely see it having amazing functionality for someone with a disability.

@JuiceBox52, your dog sounds like a perfect fit for you really. He knows when something is up and protects you. Don't let him leave your side.
Getting a service animal would a hundred percent help you in daily activities.
Of course what the dog can do is minimal due to the fact they don't have opposable thumbs, but he/she will sure make life a lot easier.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back