DNA results are IN for luna!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So... @AdoraBelle Dearheart really wanted to know and others also wanted to know so here are the results.
They made a whole personalized video on Luna and how much of each breed she is. So I took two pictures of main parts of the video so you could see. It shows the family line (photo below) of all the great grandparents and parents.
Here it is everybody:
20220814_154807.jpg

20220814_154919.jpg

Wooohoooo!! Gotta give credit where it's due, @Alice B was the first to spot the great pyre, I just strongly agreed once you'd stated how large she is and I saw her in video finally, you can really see it in her! There's even more GP in there than I would have guessed though, cool! No wonder she gives you a hard time in training, lol! Awesome, thank you for parents again for getting the DNA done! Was your mom surprised?

Wooohoooo!! Gotta give credit where it's due, @Alice B was the first to spot the great pyre, I just strongly agreed once you'd stated how large she is and I saw her in video finally, you can really see it in her! There's even more GP in there than I would have guessed though, cool! No wonder she gives you a hard time in training, lol! Awesome, thank you for parents again for getting the DNA done! Was your mom surprised?
Yes I believe she was Belle! Thanks for pointing that out!
When great pyrenees was brought up I could see it in her jaws, snout, coat, and her paws definitely.

There is a ton of pyrenees on her, way more than I thought. As well as husky. I knew she had Shepherd but I wasn't sure of what kinds. I honestly wasn't expecting her to be so pure.
I thought there would be a good medley of various breeds.
Her results surprised all of us. And my mom as soon as she saw the notification for Embark was like: "OH GUYS WE GOT IT!"
And like how I said before, we were all surprised about how "pure" her blood was with only three breeds

Yes I believe she was Belle! Thanks for pointing that out!
When great pyrenees was brought up I could see it in her jaws, snout, coat, and her paws definitely.

There is a ton of pyrenees on her, way more than I thought. As well as husky. I knew she had Shepherd but I wasn't sure of what kinds. I honestly wasn't expecting her to be so pure.
I thought there would be a good medley of various breeds.
Her results surprised all of us. And my mom as soon as she saw the notification for Embark was like: "OH GUYS WE GOT IT!"
And like how I said before, we were all surprised about how "pure" her blood was with only three breeds
That does really surprise me too, TBH, I thought at least one grandparent would be supermutt. That's the thing with DNA though, it can be really surprising!
You can really see the GP in her shoulders and chest too.

The good thing about the results is that you can use this knowledge to help figure out the best methods for training with her. Figure out what her drives are, and you're halfway there :)

That does really surprise me too, TBH, I thought at least one grandparent would be supermutt. That's the thing with DNA though, it can be really surprising!
You can really see the GP in her shoulders and chest too.

The good thing about the results is that you can use this knowledge to help figure out the best methods for training with her. Figure out what her drives are, and you're halfway there :)
Absolutely!

Absolutely!
Having said that, 2/3 breeds are mostly known for being stubborn and willful, with the most trainable breed being the smallest part of her DNA, so you got your work cut out for you... :lol:
Teasing! All three working breeds, all trainable! She's just a smart puppy and she'll need decent motivation to listen, but she'd be a fun challenge! The husky really makes sense now when watching that video of her complaining about the cicada!

Having said that, 2/3 breeds are mostly known for being stubborn and willful, with the most trainable breed being the smallest part of her DNA, so you got your work cut out for you... :lol:
Teasing! All three working breeds, all trainable! She's just a smart puppy and she'll need decent motivation to listen, but she'd be a fun challenge! The husky really makes sense now when watching that video of her complaining about the cicada!
Yah... She will be a bit tricky to train. Impossible? Definitely not. She just needs to learn not to bark at every guest walking in 😅
Also to come when her name is called which most GPS have issues with anyways because of how independent they are.

Hopefully the 10% of German Shepherd is all in her head and she'll start to learn quickly 🤣

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back