Diy Turtle Tank Pics

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

leec

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Just want to share some pics of the DIY tank myself and my girlfriend made for our Turtle. Not sure if it will work, just opened a photobucket account and pasted the direct link info into the url prompt. <edit> well it works, excellent, thanks to Invader Xan for the tip, and idlefingers for the compliment.

Here is some info about the tank from an earlier post with no pics.

Its for our Mississippi Map Turtle, Tilly, who is 3 1/2 years old. Frustrated by only long, narrow fish tanks being available we made our own with a water section and a ramp up for basking in a land-section. The full area available to Tilly is 1M x 1.2 M. There is 300 litres of water in the pics, the full tank would be 600 L volume in the wet section and 300 L in the dry section, so there is plenty of space for her (for now!). We have the required UVA/B lights over both sections for her shell. We have the water heated to 26/27 C. We are working on installing a heat-lamp over the dry section to warm it up and complement the UVA/UVB. The green string in the pics has since been removed for safety, the perspex ramp floated to our surprise when we siliconed the aquarium background to it, so had to tie it down initially. We had gravel in her last two (fish) tanks, and found that it held way too much filth. The water stats are much better nowadays with the current set-up. Tilly loves to bask on the dry land section, and then dive in to the water with a splash! She sleeps on the ramp with her nostrils sticking out as usual, and has become much more fit and active with the water space, and can now paddle afloat for ages!

See a pic of Tilly below, taken last year. Will post new ones soon!

Lee and Kaz

Tillytank2.jpg

Tillytank.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc98/lcoffey_01/Tilly.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back