DIY Hiding Places for Corys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TamarackTTC

Reaction score
Do you guys have ideas of creating good hiding places for my 6 Cory's? They are getting chased by the Blue Ram.

Do you guys have ideas of creating good hiding places for my 6 Cory's? They are getting chased by the Blue Ram.
You could use something such as a shot glass (make sure it’s been boiled first to remove anything harmful) and bury it in the gravel/sand to make a little cave, your corys should be able to access it and use it to get away from the other fish.

I cut pvc pipe as a hiding space for my algae eater, make sure its a bit bigger than your cory so they doesnt get stuck.

Attachments

• 8DF39077-05D9-4D86-9FB4-4829DA85D37A.png
    8DF39077-05D9-4D86-9FB4-4829DA85D37A.png
    626 KB · Views: 152

If you want to go "natural" use chunks of bogwood like Malaysian Driftwood; some of the pieces (being real wood each is different) have crevices and tunnels and catfish enjoy these. Thick plants help too.

This is natural behaviour, though usually only seen at feeding time. Both the ram and the cories feed from the substrate, and it is normal for a ram to "push" the cories away from "his" food. This is not serious provided it does not develop beyond this. If you had a pair of rams and they spawned, the same behaviour would be seen obviously to protect the eggs/fry. If the ram however is attacking the cories regularly, that may require more direct intervention as the annoyance can cause cories to become stressed which leads to physiological problems.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back