DIY CO2 System

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Tanked,
I am going to do a mixture change today and thats what I have been waiting for.....I wanted to get pics of the mix and of how much water I use and such, I will be out of town all day tomorrow, road trip to CM's place, But I plan on putting it all together as a website page not sure where I will put it but I will find a place...lol

Les

I have been using two hagen Co2 injection systems in conjunction with Tropiflora fertilizer in my heavily planted freshwater tropical tank for the last month and have been monitoring the results day by day.
Most of the `common` plants are doing really well, I have a few exotic tropical plants that after two weeks started showing signs of die back but are now throughing root systems from leaf joints.
I have now discovered that one of my African feshwater ferns is showing new growth from the substrate (first time in 5 years)
I can`t believe the difference the Co2 has made and would recomend it to all.
A few thing I would recomend are:(which I have done)
If you have a UG filter, turn it down to the absolute minimum
Try to keep power filter outlets to one end of the tank to minimis surface turbulance and therfore oxygen/Co2 transfer.
I use two 30 watt tubes, one for plant growth, one for the fish 12 hours a day (on timer)
If you are considering buying a Co2 injection system then I would recomend it without question, just make sure you get enough for you size of tank, and don`t forget to feed the plants.

Hey Les,

how are you coming on the pics and instructions. I'm not rushing you please don't take it that way, I'm just very anxious to get co2 going in my tank. the little fizz tabs are getting expensive.

thank again les,

guess what I'll be doing this weekend. he he

one more question, are the bottles hidden in the tank stand (lines running up from below)? or are they visable?

Charlie:

Check out what wattage your ballast can support before you go out and buy higher wattage tubes.

Sorry Tanked, I missed your post over the weekend. All my lines run from under the tank and go to the bottom in one area. I know to some that is overkill but I prefer it that way

Les

no problem les, I posted that at about 10:17 est last night, I meant next weekend, not this last one. thanks again for the info. I'm sure my plants will love it.

I've had the CO2 system in my tank for 3 weeks now i think and what a change! some plants have doubled in height and the slower growing ones have put out new leaves...

generally i'm very pleased :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back