Divider Disaster

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

silverrabbit

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So, i've had Eragon and Shimmer living side by side for months, no probs at all - not even flaring! Came down this morning to find Shimmer in Eragon's bit, with his tail being devoured by Eragon! Literally the whole tail was in his mouth :crazy:

Poor Shimmer is looking awful :( he had such pretty pink finnage, and he's all tattered and depressed looking :-(

He's perked up a lil bit since being in a quaranteen tank with some eSHa 2000, just hope he makes it, he's such a character. Can't believe he jumped, it was well over the water level. Gonna have to get some fine mesh.

this happened to me in a divided tank. make sure the divider is absolutely snug against the sides of the tank and it is partially buried in the substrate. they squeeze thru the smallest of spaces, so maybe he didnt jump the divider (esp since it is well above water line).
consequently he will heal up fine. if you looked at my boy (who was absolutely SHREDDED) youd never know. but that was about a year and a half ago. took about 3 months to get back to square one.
good luck, and check for those tiny gaps.
all the best.

Aw bless him, I am sure with some TLC he will recover over time. I have about 2 inches above water line and so far no problems but this has made me think again! Hope your boy gets better soon x

Thanks! Yeah I have about a 2inch gap, so i'm definitely going to check around the substrate now! going to put some pebbles along the divider as I think the sand is being shifted by them and the corys...

this happend to me about a week ago but he jumped into the other side with 2 apisto. when i woke up and went to feed them he was hiding in the top corner with his fins shredded :no: . i just cut a bit of perspex and siliconed it onto the diveder.

Most reactions

Back