Divided 125 gallon betta tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Bigred81

Reaction score
I have 13 bettas and was thinking about dividing up a 125 gallon to house them all. What are some pros and cons. As they are now, they all have sponge filters, heaters and plants in their individual tanks. I would transfer it to their new section of tank. I already have majority of the sponge filters running off of 1 pump. I will diy the dividers.

I’m no expert on beta fish but would like to think depending on the ratio of gender you could separate a sorority of females in a larger part then individually separate the males for less division

I’m no expert on beta fish but would like to think depending on the ratio of gender you could separate a sorority of females in a larger part then individually separate the males for less division
Yeah I have seen it done this way before.

Splitting a big tank into smaller sections does have a lot of advantages.

Less equipment needed, larger total water volume so more stable, less maintaince.

The only real downside I can think of is that if something goes wrong it effects all your fish? Not just the one tank.

Would love to see it if you do it. I have always wanted to do better breeding but somehow never got around to it.

Yeah I have seen it done this way before.

Splitting a big tank into smaller sections does have a lot of advantages.

Less equipment needed, larger total water volume so more stable, less maintaince.

The only real downside I can think of is that if something goes wrong it effects all your fish? Not just the one tank.

Would love to see it if you do it. I have always wanted to do better breeding but somehow never got around to it.
I haven’t owned beta before just hve heard about there keepings a little of there requirements, I have to agree that one tank one problem is in play if something effects one fish it could effect the rest of the tank iv thought about dividing a tank before with cichlids but a 125 isn’t really big enough to divide with the South American cichlids I had but a 125 with beta fish is a really good size and could be spilt into lots of pockets for the males

I'm curious how you'd divide the 125. I'm assuming it is a 72x18x21 tank. They would each have their own filtration, correct?

Cool idea if you can make it work. I would be worried about stress if dividers are transparent and they want to fight all the time, and if they aren't will you still see them good and will each have plants and will there be light enough for plants?

If the idea is to combine heating and filtration you would an external filter with input/output opposite ends making water and detritus flow through perforated dividers with an in-line or in-filter/ sump heating. Would the smell of the the other Betta boys make them equally stressed as seeing them?

a 125 gallon tank divided 13 ways would (assuming it is a standard 125) provide a 5 inch by 18 inch swimming space for each betta, with 21 inches of vertical space. To me, that doesn't sound ideal for scaping it, and bettas don't typically like super deep tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Back