Dither Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It could work, but as I said all fish are individuals, I agree with T about the Cray. As I have already said I know nothing about Bircher's. There is always a chance that you could end up losing any one of the three cichlids, you just have to keep a close eye on them and have a second plan ready to move either the aggressor or the harassed. If it were me, I would forget the Cray and have a shoal of 6 blue rainbows as dithers.

Can't get any better dither fish than a half dozen or more exodons.They almost seem to break up any little bit of fighting.Added bonus is they are rely fast and never lost any with piranhas,red devils,flowerhorns,fireheads etc.Just another option.

Can't get any better dither fish than a half dozen or more exodons.They almost seem to break up any little bit of fighting.Added bonus is they are rely fast and never lost any with piranhas,red devils,flowerhorns,fireheads etc.Just another option.

ye i do like the look of them so you say 6 will be fine? or more? and would they be ok with a senegal convict jewel and salvini and maybe a cray ?

salvini
jewel
convict
senegal
bluecray
shoal of rainbows

In my honest opinion this has very little chance of working in a 55G,

Unless you can get huge rainbows they are going to become Senegal food, I'm currently having trouble with my Senegal attacking my rainbows in a 125G atm, so in a 55G it is going to catch them easy.

Also the cray is going to have nowhere to go once the three cichlids have established territories and as soon as the Cray goes to molt its shell, it will most likely be killed.

confish,I have a flowerhorn male and red devil female in a 55g.There are 6 exodons with them and there is no way they even get close to catching any of them.Seems to give the fl and rd great exercise.Every now and then one of the exodons will get mad after being chased for a while, that they actually come up from behind and give them a surprise nip.The exodons can hold their own in there own way.

confish,I have a flowerhorn male and red devil female in a 55g.There are 6 exodons with them and there is no way they even get close to catching any of them.Seems to give the fl and rd great exercise.Every now and then one of the exodons will get mad after being chased for a while, that they actually come up from behind and give them a surprise nip.The exodons can hold their own in there own way.

so would this work
1x salvini
1x jewel
2x convict
1x sengal birch
6x exdons
1x bluecray fully grown (not sure)

confish ,maybe i'm missing something,if it's a 55us gallon tank I believe you would be way over your limit.If the 240 in your reply is gallons I'd say your ok :good:

confish ,maybe i'm missing something,if it's a 55us gallon tank I believe you would be way over your limit.If the 240 in your reply is gallons I'd say your ok :good:

its 55 uk which is 66 us its 240 L what would be making it over stocked? because the fish dont grow that large only 7" max? and the sengal is bigger but doesnt need such a large turning circle ? just wondering dont want to overstock eek :)

In that case give it a shot.I thought a couple of those fish grew a lot bigger.If there is a problem down the road you can then deal with it.Go for it :good: let us know how it works out.You won't regret getting the exodons.

In that case give it a shot.I thought a couple of those fish grew a lot bigger.If there is a problem down the road you can then deal with it.Go for it :good: let us know how it works out.You won't regret getting the exodons.

ah nah there all under 7" and ye ill keep an eye one them there in my bedroom so im always there its up stairs do you think that will be a problem weight wise? p.s im gonna make a new thread show my tank being set up and things as it has arrived today :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back