Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. click here!
    FishForums.net Vote Pet of the Month
    Dismiss Notice

diseases, parasites, infections index??

Discussion in 'Board Announcements & Suggestions' started by kcalbat, Jun 11, 2005.

1. kcalbat

kcalbat Member

hi guys...

recently..(and still battling) anchor worm broke out in my fish tank and i had to do extensive research to find out specifically what anchor worm was and how to treat it..with the help of members on this forum site!!!

but of course the first thing i wanted to read after learning my fish were infected was a profile on anchor worm.

i see (unless i missed it) that there is no profile index on this forum...so i thought..since ya'll have a fish index why not make an index for fish diseases, parasites, and other such inflictions as a resource for people to look into when they want to know what exactly is harming their fish...then they can ask members on the forum how they should go about fixing the problem.

2. Whitey

Whitey Member

There already is one - A - Z of fish dieseases

But to be honest it isnt that good, lots of dieseases are not included and it isnt in alphabetical order. :rolleyes:

3. kcalbat

kcalbat Member

great i wanna go look at it....

(i guess its cuz im new to this forum..so i am still organizing where it all is..and deal with anchor worms!)

can we add to it like on the fish index?

4. Bloo

Bloo ~ I learn something new ~ ~~~~ every day ~~~~

Yes you can absolutely add to it if you have knowledge on how to deal successfully with a particular disease.

There are many great pinned topics and it's a shame not more people look at it.
    Also, the search function is a fabulous tool ! ;)

5. Tokis-Phoenix

The only reason why i don't use the desease section on this forum is mainly due to the fact it has no pics of fish deseases and due to so many fish deseases being hard to dianose on word of description alone, somtimes what you realy need is a pic of the desease to show to who ever has the fish desease problem to help them tell you if that is what they have got.
    I find pandoras aquarium realy good for this kind of stuff and if they could improve the desease section to make it more like pandoras aquarium i'd certainly link it to people alot more.
    But as it stands its not exactly great.