Discus Rediscovered

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The Discus having breakfast with me this morning.
20220410_090433.jpg
20220410_090306.jpg

I hunter showed up with some Venison back strap for us. I have frozen some down for the Discus,
20220411_091921.jpg

While it is frozen, put it through your blitzer
20220411_091326.jpg

Then into small ice cube molds
20220411_091848.jpg

Yummy, feeding time
20220411_091810.jpg

did you get any meat for yourself?
Hey, I have around twenty steaks in the freezer, and I have given him complete access to our property so every time he shoots something where he has used our property, he will leave us something.

Hey, I have around twenty steaks in the freezer, and I have given him complete access to our property so every time he shoots something where he has used our property, he will leave us something.
Man that’s really nice. People trespass on our property to hunt allll the time, except they DONT get permission, they hide their vehicles in the bushes so won’t see (even though we totally can), leave the carcasses along our walking path by the creek, and they DEFINITELY don’t leave us any meat. We popped up some “Beware of Dog” signs and had a lawyer look deeper into our property lines, legalities with our pond and trespassers, and so on. It’s not that we mind someone hunting the deer, it’s that we use those woods, we have large dogs, and young kids. With our size property and that close the house, it becomes a safety concern.

Man that’s really nice. People trespass on our property to hunt allll the time, except they DONT get permission, they hide their vehicles in the bushes so won’t see (even though we totally can), leave the carcasses along our walking path by the creek, and they DEFINITELY don’t leave us any meat. We popped up some “Beware of Dog” signs and had a lawyer look deeper into our property lines, legalities with our pond and trespassers, and so on. It’s not that we mind someone hunting the deer, it’s that we use those woods, we have large dogs, and young kids. With our size property and that close the house, it becomes a safety concern.
Id definitely put up signs that say: "No trespassing, no fishing, no hunting, no swimming unless you have permission from land owner." And then offer a phone number to call on the sign. If people STILL go into your property you can let fish and game know and they will investigate it for free. If you have seen tje show "North Woods Law" they document real things that fish and game do. One of the things I see a lot is people calling and saying that someone is hunting or fishing on their property... A lot of times those people get heavly fined and/or arressted depending on what happened... What those people are doing is a criminal offense that you should DEFINITELY address before it turns into something like man slaughter charges from someone shooting you or a sibling. Or charges for killing a pet, such as your bunnies or dog.

Id definitely put up signs that say: "No trespassing, no fishing, no hunting, no swimming unless you have permission from land owner." And then offer a phone number to call on the sign. If people STILL go into your property you can let fish and game know and they will investigate it for free.
We have signs like that, in every side of the lake, except not the permission part. We hired a lawyer to help us know how to handle it legally. We don’t want ANYBODY on our property because of privacy and liability.
What those people are doing is a criminal offense that you should DEFINITELY address before it turns into something like man slaughter charges from someone shooting you or a sibling. Or charges for killing a pet, such as your bunnies or dog.
Since we got the horses and their fence blocked their favorite place to hide their trucks, we haven’t had anyone down there. Now that the horse fence is gone though… who knows. Usually it’s people launching a kayak from a neighbors land onto our lake, or fishing from the neighbors illegal dock (it’s been 15 years so the dock is legal now) and walking 10 feet from the dock to sit on our bench. Or our neighbor inviting every random adult man in all of central Virginia to fish on the lake. So if I want to go down and work on my boat, go fishing, or take Griff swimming on MY property, there’s random adult men and it’s not safe for me to be down there alone. I think We just hikacked the threado_O

We have signs like that, in every side of the lake, except not the permission part. We hired a lawyer to help us know how to handle it legally. We don’t want ANYBODY on our property because of privacy and liability.

Since we got the horses and their fence blocked their favorite place to hide their trucks, we haven’t had anyone down there. Now that the horse fence is gone though… who knows. Usually it’s people launching a kayak from a neighbors land onto our lake, or fishing from the neighbors illegal dock (it’s been 15 years so the dock is legal now) and walking 10 feet from the dock to sit on our bench. Or our neighbor inviting every random adult man in all of central Virginia to fish on the lake. So if I want to go down and work on my boat, go fishing, or take Griff swimming on MY property, there’s random adult men and it’s not safe for me to be down there alone. I think We just hikacked the threado_O
Have your parents report it to fish and game. They will investigate and also they will give anyone who goes onto your property a fine or a warning if its their first time. Then they can do jail time for people that keep coming on. What they are doing is completely wring and isnt something to be taken lightly. Police can also get involved as well. Its best to end what they do now so it doesnt get too far out of hand.

Have your parents report it to fish and game. They will investigate and also they will give anyone who goes onto your property a fine or a warning if its their first time. Then they can do jail time for people that keep coming on. What they are doing is completely wring and isnt something to be taken lightly. Police can also get involved as well. Its best to end what they do now so it doesnt get too far out of hand.
The thing is they get permission. The neighbors give them permission, so they don’t know they’re doing anything wrong

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back