Discus problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Collusalbuzz

Reaction score
Hi so my Discus seems a little stressed and I noticed something strange on its body. There's black dots or discoloration. Can someone identify the problem and tell me me if I need to do any treatment

Attachments

• 20201129_162222.jpg
    20201129_162222.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20201129_162211.jpg
    20201129_162211.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 56
It could be night time colouration or stress colouration, they are similar.

Make sure the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are 0ppm.

Make sure the pH and GH are correct. Discus want a pH below 7.0 and a GH less than 100ppm.

Make sure the water temperature is around 27-30C.

Have some plants in the tank, a picture on the back of the tank and make sure no other fish are picking on it.

Is the fish eating and what does its poop look like?

It could be night time colouration or stress colouration, they are similar.

Make sure the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are 0ppm.

Make sure the pH and GH are correct. Discus want a pH below 7.0 and a GH less than 100ppm.

Make sure the water temperature is around 27-30C.

Have some plants in the tank, a picture on the back of the tank and make sure no other fish are picking on it.

Is the fish eating and what does its poop look like?
Thank you....all the water parameters are okay and the tank is planted. The fish is eating and pooping well. Hope the black spots are not indications of disease.

He looks under nourished to me is he eating well. I would say he is stressed lots of plant is the answer

He looks under nourished to me is he eating well. I would say he is stressed lots of plant is the answer
Started to eat after the first night, the lfs guy said it was stressed a lot and very timid. But he's starting to come around i hope. The tank is planted but not densely. Hooe its not a sign of disease.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back