Discus has spasms

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Car1os

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So one of our discus has like these mini spasms in his fins.

Tank parameters:
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 15 ppm
pH is 7.0 but they were in tank with 6.8 previously

Tank is a 30 gallon high.

Last edited:
Hard to imagine ... bettery if you have video feeds or some sort ...

Talking about Discus I had a scary encounter when I went to LFS and in one of the Discus tank 2 huge adult Discus died and floating around the tank.

Imagine your large size dinner plate floating in a tank... poor Discus

Discus are extremely sensitive to poor water quality - and their concept of "poor water quality" is very different than something hardier like a Firemouth.

I would do everything within your power to keep the nitrates down to 0 - I would suggest doing a 50% water change.

Is this behavior "normal" for the discus, or did it just start? If you could snag a video of the discus doing this we could be more helpful.

Is this behavior "normal" for the discus, or did it just start? If you could snag a video of the discus doing this we could be more helpful.
Hadnt seen it b4. I only saw it a couple times. I cant get anything below 5 since my tap water is 5 ppm.

Hard to imagine ... bettery if you have video feeds or some sort ...

Talking about Discus I had a scary encounter when I went to LFS and in one of the Discus tank 2 huge adult Discus died and floating around the tank.

Imagine your large size dinner plate floating in a tank... poor Discus
Have you ever had your eye lid or lip twitch? Or some other muscle? Imagine that but on the fins.

Discus in the wild

2021-05-08 14_17_02-Picture-in-Picture.png

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back