Discus : eggs hatched

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FOTM FOTM!!!!!!!

Thats so awsome. I have seen tons and tons of discus with their little squirts, but it has always been on pvc in little breeding tanks, never on wood!
Dude, you so have to give us more pics of your tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great photo.

Sadly I give you a 1 in a million chance of getting the fry to any decent size.

Pigdeon blood discus make very poor parents. Generly they can not produce the mucus coating, and most breeders use a mixed pair to produce them, or use foster parents.

You will also need to increase the conductivity of the water when, if the fry get to two weeks old.

Sorry for the negative message, you might just hit that 1 in a million chance.

Thanks for all the comments.

Well I have sad news.
When I got home from work and looked into the tank, there was no fry. dolphin might have something there about PBs being bad parents.
I'll just have to wait till next spawn and hope the fry will make it to free swimming. Each spawn I get a little closer.
At least I do not have to rush now to finish the stand I was building for the fry tank.

Adrinal,
You can see my tank Monthly competition winners - Archive - Dec 03
Here's the link:
http://fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?sh...showtopic=24330

I'm going to be redoing the left side of this tank. I'm going to That Fish Place tomorrow after work to get some driftwood. Once I get it rearranged and the plants to grow in, I'll post a new picture.

This is sooooo sad. I was really excited about your fry. Now send those fish parents to parenting school and lets get it going again. Really, Im bummed!!!

ALASKA

bah, if they made fry once they will do it again :flex:

Heres hoping :beer:

Wow that :snap: is just awsome!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back