Reaction score
Day 1

RYSBn4X.jpg

Day 5
DEkJLAr.jpg

Day 7
poSB0iB.jpg

Woah....congrats on your discus fries!!

I got a bonded pair and keep failing on male eating eggs thing almost every months:(

Yup it's very exciting to see them grow. Just looking at the contrast in the pics I took on day 1 as opposed to a week later show they're growing faster than I expected.

The mucus from their parents must be extremely nutritious.

Thank Viking.

I've got them eating live baby brine shrimp now and they'll leave the mothers side completely to chase them down. Another important change is that today their showing the distinctive red ring around their eyes which gives some indication as to their health.

Attachments

• 1602080831912.png
    1602080831912.png
    284.6 KB · Views: 67
If you're near London, would you like to sell any when they are old enough?

Hey guys

I really appreciate the interest. I've been in the hobby for some time but this is the first time I've actually put effort into raising fry of any species beyond adding some decap brine for apisto and tetra fry I've managed to save. But this is a different kettle of fish entirely.

I'll add a video to update later once I get this youtube compression thing sorted.

Last edited:
Congrats..and everybody should notice...no sands.no bright lights,no schools of Tetras,no plants.
Discus are what they are and not what we wish they would be. They are not for community tanks or for the living room!

Congrats..and everybody should notice...no sands.no bright lights,no schools of Tetras,no plants.
Discus are what they are and not what we wish they would be. They are not for community tanks or for the living room!

Oh my...

We'll have to disagree. These spawning discus are from a juwel 450 planted tank with cory cats, a large school of tetras, amano shrimp, and a lot of plants... In my living room

Also bright juwel led spectrum lights, 2 inches of substrate, (to hold the plants in place) co2 running at 1bps, and liquid ferts. To be honest with you I wouldn't keep them any other way.

Balancing the aquarium is more important than the aquarium setup itself.

4CZxabE.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back