Disaster strikes

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Great Lakes

Always do right, not popular...
Reaction score
We brought us home a sea cucumber last weekend. Put him in the tank, watched him puke his guts out, watched helplessly as all my fish died within 30 minutes :angry:
All the cussing and swearing I did could not save their lives.
Good news is, the cuke is healthy, and all my corals and anemones and other inverts are fine.

Bummer about the fish. I didn't no cucumbers had toxic puke.
Sounds like a Troma film.. Maybe a quarantine tank would be an idea in future but not sure how practical it would be for marine.

Yeah ive heard of several incidents of sea cucumbers doing this. Its best to watch them closely to make sure they settle in otherwise dissasters like yours can happen :(

:( Sorry to hear of your troubles G.L. I've read about sea slugs and cucumbers doing this. I think you've been lucky with the rest of your livestock. ;) Mac.

The little lady is generally more careful. We had just made an 800 mile trip to the airport to send daughter #2 to Denver, and had got the cuke on the way back. It was a 100 degrees outside and we were tired and cranky. She just acclimated the poor guy for temp, and nothing else. I am considering a Q tank now. Maybe an extra sump with an isolation capability.
Bigger problem is starting to look like a cyano bacteria bloom due to the radical change in my bio load and massive water change :(

Most reactions

Back