Direction Of The Filter Outlet

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

neilevo

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone tell me the best postion for the filter outlet nozzle?

Is it an external? what levels of current does ur stocking prefer?

Mine is at the top left of the tank running front to back through a spray bar,filter intake strainer is at the bottom right back corner

As Craig says - Internal or External?

I've got an external, the intake strainer is in the bottom right (back) the output is at the top right (front) - It used to point into the tank, but now I point it at the glass. I had to turn it round to the glass when I added the fish.

The best position is always determined by experimenting n the tank. You want to get good circulation through the whole tank so you try things that look like they will work for the size and shape of the tank and the type of return nozzle that you are working with. As long as you don't end up with lots of dead spots in the tank and totally still surface water, you have found a good position.

The best position is always determined by experimenting n the tank. You want to get good circulation through the whole tank so you try things that look like they will work for the size and shape of the tank and the type of return nozzle that you are working with. As long as you don't end up with lots of dead spots in the tank and totally still surface water, you have found a good position.
thanks i have got good circulation around the tank when i point it towards the middle pointing up a bit the trouble is the plants are all leaning forward because of the flow i have got a trigon 190 tank so there is not alot i can do either straight down or towards the middle.

Most reactions

Back