Digital thermometers?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

EllRog

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello again all,
I'm looking through Ebay and decided I wanted to pick up a few digital thermometers for my tanks. Nothing too high tech. Theres sooo many options and to be honest, all I want is one that's accurate and doesn't cost a bomb.

Will any of them do the job or is there something I should look out for?

Cheers!

Assuming they are the same as on Amazon most of them are identical with different branding. I have found them pretty accurate (within .1 degree). Buy a pack of 4 and if they all read the same you can trust them. If one is significantly different don't use that one. Or if you have a calibrated one compare the readings.

Assuming they are the same as on Amazon most of them are identical with different branding. I have found them pretty accurate (within .1 degree). Buy a pack of 4 and if they all read the same you can trust them. If one is significantly different don't use that one. Or if you have a calibrated one compare the readings.
Thanks Sean, I'm always sceptical when something is too cheap and frugal when something is too expensive. It's mainly the techy stuff I like advice on as I'm not tech savvy! Most of the time I D.I.Y it where I can lol. I'll get them on order, thanks again!

I personally dont recommend it...

I have heard stories of the themerometer being broken, and people frying their fish. I guess just get a 2 pack a regular thermometer, and see how accurate they are.

I personally dont recommend it...

I have heard stories of the themerometer being broken, and people frying their fish. I guess just get a 2 pack a regular thermometer, and see how accurate they are.
That was the worry tbf, I've ordered two 2 packs, gunna run them alongside the standard ones I already have and see how it goes

I’ve just bought a pair of digital ones so that I can match the water temperature for water changes. I’ve got a traditional thermometer that’s reading 78 degrees and the digital one 83.4 degrees!!

I think that for a Betta I need about 76 degrees? The temperature needs to reduce, but how to know which one is the more accurate?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back