🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello TFF! :)

In my 10g betta tank I think I have 2 different types of Anacharis.

Long leafed (Or so I think...) is all at the bottom in the middle and the short leafed are at the top/middle area.

I tried to upload a closeup or both, but they where to big.

BF90289B-F5C9-46A2-9306-6BFF15AD342F.jpeg

Thanks for your opinions! :)

(Note: This picture was taken about 1 week ago. I will try to upload a current picture soon. ;))

You could have 2 different types if that’s still what I sent you. I took it out of several different tanks. I don’t see any shrimp. Did they all die?

You could have 2 different types if that’s still what I sent you. I took it out of several different tanks. I don’t see any shrimp. Did they all die?
No, the shrimp are in the 5g. Blaze kept chasing the around, and sort of nibbling them so I moved them.

Could I move them back, as long as he actually doesn’t put one in his mouth? o_O

And the ones you sent me are the “Short leafed” Anacharis. The ones that are the “Long leafed” Anacharis, I had before. :)

I think Anacharis varies in appearance due to water temperature and vigor of the plant itself. Good healthy plants have shorter dark green leaves all bunched up. Sickly plants and those in decline tend to have lighter colored leaves and spindly stems with wide gaps in the leaves. Prove this to yourself, get a gallon jar and put some in it and place it in a sunny window. No heat or aeration and just a bit of liquid fertilizer.

No, the shrimp are in the 5g. Blaze kept chasing the around, and sort of nibbling them so I moved them.

Could I move them back, as long as he actually doesn’t put one in his mouth? o_O

And the ones you sent me are the “Short leafed” Anacharis. The ones that are the “Long leafed” Anacharis, I had before. :)
Gotcha! If the shrimp are doing well in the other tank then just leave them there.

I think Anacharis varies in appearance due to water temperature and vigor of the plant itself. Good healthy plants have shorter dark green leaves all bunched up. Sickly plants and those in decline tend to have lighter colored leaves and spindly stems with wide gaps in the leaves. Prove this to yourself, get a gallon jar and put some in it and place it in a sunny window. No heat or aeration and just a bit of liquid fertilizer.
Ok, because the Anacharis I had before, couldn’t be considered “Fluffy” (Very close together, bright green long leafs.). The other ones are sort of darker, with short straight leafs.

By the way, the tank looks great!
Thank you! It looks much better now, than when that picture was taken. I will try to upload another picture, as soon as I can.

(For once I actually have an overgrown tank! Lol. :lol:)

Don’t use Excel though because it will kill anacharis.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back