Did You Have A Visitor ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pippoodle

RIP Dear nan 22/03/1925 --11/03/2009
Reaction score
I know some people might say i'm weird well i am lol
When i was 11 and my great gran died in hospital i knew she had died cos she came and sat on the end of my bed and said goodbye Sarah , i woke up and told my mum and then my great uncle turned up and told us that my gran had just died

Then on 11th March this year i was awakened by my nan sat on the end of my bed asking me to come and see her and bring the children , so at 6am i turned up at my mums house to find the doctor just leaving saying my nan had very little time left ....... she died just after midday

My nan was saying for about 5 days before she died that my grandad (her husband who died 38 years ago) kept comming to see her and had her fur coat and hat with him asking her to go dancing .

I hope that someone does come and get us when we go it's a lovely thought that we are collected by someone who we loved and loved us when they were alive .

Sarah x

That is a lovely thought, and I'm sure that as upsetting as it was, losing people close to you, it was also reassuring for you to know they would be looked after.

it's very very strange but then so am i maybe i was just losing my marbles when i seen them but maybe not ----

iv had some very disturbing things happen to me all my years im 28 and it still happens...i had visitors once and i scared my partner as i said theres people in the room..maybe i should of worded it better for the big girl as i went to get a drink and he grabbed my arm and said unless your taking your mates with yah your not leavin me alone with invisible weirdos..well he asked why they were there and i said right out theres something wrong with your mum and dad he said dont be stupid its midnight they will be in land of nod but we will check them tomorow..in the morning we went to his mum and dads house and found his dad lookin sick as a pig sitting on the kitchen floor..we asked whats up he said mum took the kids last night and left me and i couldnt stop her..after making him a cup of tea and a little chat we asked what time did she leave he said midnight so there you have it maybe he should of listened to my invisible weirdo mates and phoned his mum...might of stoped it..they were together 33 years befor the breakup 5 years ago. mad ay. and i used to visit my nan to help her when my wicked aunt put her in a home..i used to go threw photos and remind her who people were she said for about a week or so that jim was there holding out his hand waiting for her to join him..and then she died but her and my dad were not talking at the time and i hated it but after she died i saw her..thing was i was awake an wide eyed and she said tell john im sailing and she had like a womens sailer suit on. john is my dad..it was hard to tell him but i think i had to well i did and he got a frog in his throat..i asked what it ment and he said my nan worked on navy ships for years and she loved it and missed it so thats the answer...god sometimes i bore myself when i go on..wow sorry.

maybe i should of worded it better for the big girl as i went to get a drink and he grabbed my arm and said unless your taking your mates with yah your not leavin me alone with invisible weirdos..
lol
your other half sounds rather amusing :)

It is possible you're schizophrenic or psychic. Sorry if that sounds bad but they are still unravelling the human mind and who knows what we are really capable of doing. Perhaps your brain just works a little different to most peoples, thus allowing you to pick up on things that others can't see, feel or hear.

My dad does some weird stuff. He can hold something of personal value (ie: a watch or necklace) that belongs to someone, and tell them about things that are happening in their life. I didn't believe it at first so had a friend come around for a visit. Dad held my friends watch and started going on about a bad relationship and so on. Turns out my friend was in the middle of breaking up with his girlfriend. Even I didn't know that so I'm stuffed as to how my dad knew it.
I know there are people out there that do a similar thing for a living and they have their tv shows where they profile someone and throw out words in an attempt to catch someone. Then they read the person's body language and work from there. But my dad doesn't do it for money and just comes straight out with whatever is happening. It's kind of freaky. It's a bit of a party trick he does.

I believe Phenomenal/all stuff happens for a purpose, and that the fate of all occurs not by chance; we are here for something great! And that the encounters you had were a way for them to say goodbye to you.

I believe we are all here for a purpose, and it is just a matter of time before we know what that purpose is.

This is just my opinion, I do not want to start any arguments.

I think that the encounters you had were very peaceful and reassuring.

Bless them both.

-FHM

i have things happen sometimes!! it starts with 'a feeling' its strange and you cant describe it totally but your body goes fuzzy and it feels like there is something in the pit of your stomach,and suddenly for no reason you start thinking really strongly about someone close to you that has passed away!!
a prime example of this occurance is this: i was walking home from town 1 day with my friend who lives 2 doors up the road from me, to get home all we had to do was walk 2 minutes down an adjoining road,as we got to near the top of the road i got that 'feeling, and started to think of my nan, i grabbed my friends arm and told her we shouldnt go that way and walk the long way round which would take another 10 minutes!! my friend thought i was barmy but after a bit of persuasion agreed to walk the other way!! as we got to our front doors 2 police cars and an ambulance went screaming past and stopped half way up our road, we asked an neighbour what was happening and were told that a group of people walking down the road had just been attacked by a man with a knife!!! i trully believe that our loved ones that have passed on are there looking out for us and if you are open to them trying to warn you of things you should to any gut feelings that you have,unfortunately no-one is giving out winning lottery numbers but if they can keep you safe from harm then thats plenty for me

These are very common things ~ The person at the base of the bed is one that holds close to some peoples memories and hearts, esp when its loved ones that are seen.
A friend of mine had a heart attack at the age of 21, she remembers feeling hot and dizzy just before and to cut it short her heart stopped completely. 3 weeks later she comes out of it and is in a bad way and had to have a pacemaker added. She was so worried as there was no reason as to why she had the heart attack apart from a virus she had the week before. She got to the point where she was giving up due to depression after the attack. Her grandfather appeared on the end of her bed during this depressing time and told her that she should change her track of thoughts as so many good things were planned for her in the future. She has continued to enjoy life as much as she can, I took her on holiday with me as a treat and she loved every minute of it, even though she was told not to fly for more than 3 hours. We went on a 5 hour flight. She continues to have small attacks though so every day is special, but without her grandfather being there when he did, she would not be here now. She now has her own home and values everything in front of her. Very proud of her as she had a tough up bringing and has come through it well.

These are very common things ~ The person at the base of the bed is one that holds close to some peoples memories and hearts, esp when its loved ones that are seen.
A friend of mine had a heart attack at the age of 21, she remembers feeling hot and dizzy just before and to cut it short her heart stopped completely. 3 weeks later she comes out of it and is in a bad way and had to have a pacemaker added. She was so worried as there was no reason as to why she had the heart attack apart from a virus she had the week before. She got to the point where she was giving up due to depression after the attack. Her grandfather appeared on the end of her bed during this depressing time and told her that she should change her track of thoughts as so many good things were planned for her in the future. She has continued to enjoy life as much as she can, I took her on holiday with me as a treat and she loved every minute of it, even though she was told not to fly for more than 3 hours. We went on a 5 hour flight. She continues to have small attacks though so every day is special, but without her grandfather being there when he did, she would not be here now. She now has her own home and values everything in front of her. Very proud of her as she had a tough up bringing and has come through it well.

Thats a lovely story and it was a good job your friend saw her grandfather else she might not be with you now . I hope she continues having reasonably good health and enjoying life to the full - as much as she can .

Take care Sarah x

This is a little different then your guys is story, but I will tell it.

I have a visitor periodically at our apartment (or permanent resident.) Me and my Dad both believe it is a small girl. She seems to like to play tricks a little bit. :sly: We have nick named her the Toast Ghost (sort of mean I know) because a lot of times she comes around we smell toast (weird ey.) I don't think she is a bad ghost, but she does some odd things. I remember once when I was very little (around 4 or 5 years old) I had gotten up from bed because I couldn't sleep. I went and talked to my Dad who was still awake. He let me sit whith him for a few minutes then sent me off back to bed. When I got there I looked and saw a hand creeping up from underneath my bed between the bed and the wall, sort of near the end of the bed. It looked almost black and speckley. It rouse up slowly and about 5 seconds later, almost as if it noticed I was looking, it withdrew its hand very quickly. I was not scared from the experience, I actually tried to rationalize it, thinking maybe the apartment below us was doing renovations and installing a light. :lol: From then on, I keep a row of pillows between me and the wall. :rofl:

Just the other night, I woke up around 4:30 and saw three black blobs (almost rectangular but roughly shaped) rush into my face in a row. No idea what they were but boy did I ever scream. :lol:

The Toast Ghost is known for other stuff, like turning on facets (hot and cold), to the furthest they will go, shaking wires, stopping when we go to check what it is, and then starting to shake them again, and she has even been heard, when my Dad called out his girlfriends name as he got home, he heard a loud inhale as if he had startled her. He thought he had, so he went into the living room, and no one was there. My Dads girlfriend was at her studio.

Last year my Mom was diagonsed with cancer, and died less than a month later. Now both she and I have always believed in ghosts, so I'll admit I was kind of looking forward to the chance of seeing her one last time, especially since she was unable to speak or recognize anyone the last couple of days. So, the night after she died I'm in bed and dreaming. The dream was odd, I was driving my car on a country road with lots of hills, and my uncle was in the back seat. We were on the way to my Mom's funeral (although she didn't have one, just a wake) and I remember my Uncle looking at me in the rearview mirror and saying my name. Have you ever had a dream where someone says your name and it wakes you up, and you could swear it was said aloud in your room instead of in your head? Well it was like that, and the next thing I saw was a silver flash shooting through my bathroom (the door is in my bedroom) although there was nothing that could have made the light. I'm ashamed to say I was so terrified that I hid under the covers. :blush: I know something had to be there because it freaked the cats out too. BTW I was 27 at the time. :lol:

I'm convinced it was my mom, and the wierd thing is when I was younger, the only way Mom could get me to wake up in the morning was to say my name. She always said a marching band could go through my room and I'd never know, but if she said my name I'd wake right up. She hasn't come back since, and in some ways I'm relieved even though I always thought I'd like to see a ghost, although I do still dream of her at least once a week.

i'm sure i saw my nan sat on the end of my bed last night just smiling at me
yes it could have been a dream but i'm sure i was awake cos i was in a lot of pain and was just going to wake hubby to go get my meds
when i saw her sat there
she gave me her "there there" look (like she didwhen i hurt myself when i little , smiled and then disappeared

just made me feel all glowy and reassured

When the brother of my grand mother had a heart attack, he was in a coma for 2 week's....When he came out of hospital he told us how, when he was rushed to hospital he was already dead, they were trying to and finally managed to revive him, wilst this was happening he was watching from the corner of the room, although iam sceptical i had no reason to have dis beleived him as he never lied and was a real good military man, who i looked up to....He has since died....<he had also metioned this to the nurse who was caring for him after, she was in the room at the time and he told her what she was doing wilst panic was in the room, which appaently shocked the nurse beond beleif

When the brother of my grand mother had a heart attack, he was in a coma for 2 week's....When he came out of hospital he told us how, when he was rushed to hospital he was already dead, they were trying to and finally managed to revive him, wilst this was happening he was watching from the corner of the room, although iam sceptical i had no reason to have dis beleived him as he never lied and was a real good military man, who i looked up to....He has since died....<he had also metioned this to the nurse who was caring for him after, she was in the room at the time and he told her what she was doing wilst panic was in the room, which appaently shocked the nurse beond beleif

I think there are so many things we dont understand that it's hard just to right it off as unreal when it's someone you trust and you know that it was real to them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back